Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Rear Sway Bar mount bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14
anyone have any new rear weltmeister sway bar mount bushings? can't find anyone that sells them
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we just got a new supply of them in last week

QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 18 2010, 09:21 AM) *

anyone have any new rear weltmeister sway bar mount bushings? can't find anyone that sells them

realred914
got a fat front sway bar and no rear bar, friend had simular set up in his car but he also had a rear bar. after driving both cars, he was convinced to remove rear bar, he never went back to it, handled better without. may not be the case with yoru car, bpends on the oever all set up you have. we spoke to someone that races these 914 a bit, and he also had teh same obserrvation, the rear bar may not be an improvement. some folks do still like them, maybe depends on how the other things on car are set up?

mine was lowered, 150 lbs rear springs, front bar, 195 50 tires

good luck
nein14
QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 18 2010, 10:03 AM) *

got a fat front sway bar and no rear bar, friend had simular set up in his car but he also had a rear bar. after driving both cars, he was convinced to remove rear bar, he never went back to it, handled better without. may not be the case with yoru car, bpends on the oever all set up you have. we spoke to someone that races these 914 a bit, and he also had teh same obserrvation, the rear bar may not be an improvement. some folks do still like them, maybe depends on how the other things on car are set up?

mine was lowered, 150 lbs rear springs, front bar, 195 50 tires

good luck

thanks ! I have a GT clone have driven it with and without the rear sway bar I fell it handle better with the car has been lowered and corner weighted driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.