Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Turn Signal Lights .. a salvage job!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DJKnut
I had a badly corroded front turn signal light, but wasn't too eager to spend big bucks on someone else's very old unit... so I decided to try to repair mine. It was so badly eaten up that it's back plastic connector mount just fell off when touched... What I did was to find a two contact lamp holder with a screw mount tab (from a replacement tail light unit..) and drilled the rivets out of the old electrical connecting tabs. I then soldered the wires from the new socket to a couple of #2 brass screws, and put them through from the inside and nutted the spade tabs back on from the outside. I resealed everything with goop, and used a single screw to attach the new lamp holder on the inside of the housing as near to the same filament position as origenal... It works GREAT!!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
r_towle
now paint the inside of the plastic cover with clear nail polish...it fills in the cracks and gives new life to the unit.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.