Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: poorsche914's Photo Gallery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
Thought I would start a thread featuring my 914 photos and artwork.
Comments, critique, etc always welcome.

IPB Image
poorsche914
The 916 in the original was a bit soft. Applied targeted unsharp mask.
IPB Image
poorsche914
Above image cropped, rotated, border & shadow added, and dry brush affect applied.
IPB Image
poorsche914
Waiting to get back on the road.
IPB Image
poorsche914
Hot Shoe's Bumble Bee, piloted by Kelvin, had a starting problem.
IPB Image
poorsche914
George not only offered up his considerable tech knowledge throughout the weekend but was always right there when a 914 needed repair.
IPB Image
poorsche914
Three awesome teeners.
IPB Image
bandjoey
You are soooo talented artist / photographer! Post anytime! pray.gif Great to see you at MUSR. Will be ordering a poster after payday. Bill
RickS
MORE! (please)
dlee6204
More more more! biggrin.gif drooley.gif smilie_pokal.gif
championgt1
Is the Fuch a picture or a drawing? Very Cool.
poorsche914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 18 2010, 11:13 PM) *

Is the Fuch a picture or a drawing? Very Cool.
Thank you. It is a picture I took at MUSR and then processed in Photoshop.
poorsche914
George was washing the 916 after the run on Saturday and I took this shot. Cropped in PS.
IPB Image

poorsche914
I really like these spun rings.
IPB Image
poorsche914
A Getty 5-gauge layout
IPB Image
poorsche914
The 916 cockpit
IPB Image
poorsche914
I really like HDR effect. The next few images were filtered in PS.
IPB Image
poorsche914
IPB Image
poorsche914
IPB Image
poorsche914
IPB Image
Lennies914
Wow, you have a true talent. beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 18 2010, 08:56 PM) *

IPB Image

idea.gif ....Hmmmmm - Lookie, lookie! ..... Wunder if'n I could get "MID NDN" for mine? confused24.gif
... but then I'd have to give up my original California Blue-n-gold plates! dry.gif
Oh well, just a fleeting thought! biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
Great looking pictures!
bandjoey
Excellance Magazine quality aktion035.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Oct 18 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Wow, you have a true talent. beerchug.gif

If you guys only knew.... You've just seen a taste of what I've seen Steve do over the past 15 years..

poorsche914
Thanks, Jake. Looking forward to your upcoming projects.

Following are a few more pics of 914s on the road:
IPB Image

IPB Image

poorsche914
Travis Howard's Richard and Riva Fisher in their NASCAR prepped V8 pulling in to Deal's Gap during the lunch stop on Friday.

IPB Image
poorsche914
And several more making the U-turn back to the parking area.

IPB Image
gothspeed
Awesome biggrin.gif!!!
Zimms
Great shots! I like the HDR effect. Do you need to use raw images and are you using a filter in Photoshop or a separate program?
poorsche914
Thanks.
No, not using RAW. Just taking the JPG image and running Lucis Art filters in Photoshop after cropping.
Drums66
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 18 2010, 09:11 PM) *

IPB Image

idea.gif ....Hmmmmm - Lookie, lookie! ..... Wunder if'n I could get "MID NDN" for mine? confused24.gif
... but then I'd have to give up my original California Blue-n-gold plates! dry.gif

....Hey....that is a nice color! shades.gif
bye1.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Oct 20 2010, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 18 2010, 09:11 PM) *

IPB Image

....Hey....that is a nice color! shades.gif
bye1.gif

I think it's Alaska Blue Metallic for 73-74 MY - which along with the Marathon Blue Metallic - were always 4-way tied for 1st color choice on a 914 for me - along with a 98/99 customer option color of the Porsche Metallic Blue & Gemini Blue Metallic from the 70-72 MYs. smile.gif
robby750
That is ancona blue metallic.
Tom_T
QUOTE(robby750 @ Oct 20 2010, 04:10 PM) *

If so Robby - then it must be a 75 or 76 MY 914 2L with back dated bumpers, or a non-stock color repaint of an earlier 2L - since Ancona L97B was only OE in 75-76 MYs.

Sorry, I don't know the particular car - so cannot say which it is, plus Alaska L96B & Ancona L97B are very close colors/shades of blue.

In that pic I saw the chrome bumpers (not big black ones) & what appears to be metal 914 2.0 badges (not vinyl stickers), & jumped to the "educated guess" conclusion it was a 73 MY 914-2.0 (since no rear tits). What can I say - could be either? confused24.gif

PS Robby - I just noticed that you're from Lexi, KY as is the subject 914 in that pic - so if that's your 75, then I obviously stand corrected!
- but you need to update your avitar pic with one showing off those nice shiny chrome bumpers! biggrin.gif
robby750
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 20 2010, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(robby750 @ Oct 20 2010, 04:10 PM) *

If so Robby - then it must be a 75 or 76 MY 914 2L with back dated bumpers, or a non-stock color repaint of an earlier 2L - since Ancona L97B was only OE in 75-76 MYs.

Sorry, I don't know the particular car - so cannot say which it is, plus Alaska L96B & Ancona L97B are very close colors/shades of blue.

In that pic I saw the chrome bumpers (not big black ones) & what appears to be metal 914 2.0 badges (not vinyl stickers), & jumped to the "educated guess" conclusion it was a 73 MY 914-2.0 (since no rear tits). What can I say - could be either? confused24.gif

PS Robby - I just noticed that you're from Lexi, KY as is the subject 914 in that pic - so if that's your 75, then I obviously stand corrected!
- but you need to update your avitar pic with one showing off those nice shiny chrome bumpers! biggrin.gif
Your confusion is understandable. The car is a 75 with a backdated bumper on the rear only, and quite a few other parts including the engine from a 73. I would have elaborated on the my first post but I was typing from my phone at the time. I agree, Alaska Blue is very close especially when viewed on a computer monitor.
GTown74
It is always great to see quality photos of 914's! Thanks for posting all the pictures...
gothspeed
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 20 2010, 02:53 PM) *

And several more making the U-turn back to the parking area.

IPB Image

That yellow one has sealed my decision on front ends!!! I like the solid black bumper/valence, the opening for the cooler, GT flares and the ride height is 'just right' ..... sunglasses.gif
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 20 2010, 04:51 PM) *

IPB Image

Hey All...That's actually Richard and Riva Fisher. NASCAR prepped V8 at that!!
poorsche914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 21 2010, 10:26 AM) *
Hey All...That's actually Richard and Riva Fisher. NASCAR prepped V8 at that!!
Oops! Thanks for the clarification. Will edit the original.
markb
QUOTE(GTown74 @ Oct 20 2010, 08:38 PM) *

It is always great to see quality photos of 914's! Thanks for posting all the pictures...

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.