Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: October 16, 2010 PCA OCR at El Toro, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
I had to go to jury duty today, and so I had to work on Sunday or else I would have posted some of the BLACK ROCKET from NARP Racing Team!

Joe had the 914-6 project out there and some wild times got posted. I am not sure of much other than it was FAST AS HELL as I worked corner 8 and the team drivers passed me in a cloud of dust and tire powder.

I will post pics tomorrow. I had some troubles with Orangina, but I did finally turn an 86 second time, which considering I had ride height issues in the front and tire pressure learning curves to digest was enough to make me do some more things for the next AX I can attend, which is December.

Balljoints, Turbo Tie Rod ends, lowering the front end 4 inches and alignment are all in late November. I was plowing air, and you can see from the pics that she runs flat, but there is definitely a nose-up attitude for now.

Orangina, the little shit, blasted off an injector hose and I did not have a fire. That was good because I left the extinguisher home! YOW! Never again! Going to mount it permanently on the bitch side. Fixed it between practice rounds in 4 minutes! An observer timed me! Weird.

Pics of the AX tomorrow!

GO TEAM NARP!

J
Elliot Cannon
"Going to mount it permanently on the "bitch" side". Classy guy. first.gif
JoeSharp
It was a very good event as I learned an awful lot about both the car and the politics at The PCA. The latter is always changing and the car needs more changes. I got all the 914's to pit with us and with 5 cars we really looked like a contingency. I also talked Dave Plumquist (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, sorry Dave.) into going along with Thomas and Dan. It was harder to get Thomas and Dan to take him with. Then I had Dave take the car around so I could get a better opinion of what the car needs. With Dave in the car Thomas cut 2 seconds off his time.
The consensus is that the car needs less toe and brakes in the front. The back of the car is well planted but I'm going to take out a little more camber.
JoeSharp
Gee John, I don't mean to be pushy, but...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
avidfanjpl
Personal and professional things delayed me, Joe!

Here are a few. I will try to get more loaded tonight.

Sorry for the delay, but if you all on 914W knew what shit sandwich I was eating, I would get a ride in a sedan chair and you would have a reception for me.

Never get married or have kids. It will keep the ex's to a minimum.

At some point, they all suck.

J

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.