Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Short Wheel Base 911 or 912
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Does anyone here have or used to have a SWB 911 or 912? With the short wheel base would the balance be more affected by a 3.2 than a later car? Are there any other quirks (other than rust) to deal with these early cars? I'm thinking about possibly selling the 72 914 and looking for a 68 911 or 912 to put a 3.2 into.

thanks in advance,
Seanery, a big Indiana Pacers fan,
Rusty
ohmy.gif who are you and how did you break into Sean's admin account?
seanery
I have 2, so it's ok to swap 1 of them.
davep
There was a 67 'S near here plus a 912 I have seen. Bit of a hike tho.
Don't think my friend wants to sell his 63 one owner car just yet.

The SWB cars loved to swap ends, thus the early fix with the front bumper weights, and the later fix with the LWB. I'd think a 3.2 would only make matters worse. Well, unless that is what you want. For AX that may be the ticket.
Jeffs9146
Go with the 67 911, the swap will be easier!

Here is one I did 15 years ago!

Jeff
adam912
Sean

of any of the 911's I would say the SWB cars would be the most treacherous with a big 6 hanging out there. On the other hand...a big T4 is SWEEEEEETTTT!!!! you don't comromise the weight balance so handling stays delightfully balanced. My '66 is a real treat with 2.2 liters of T4 in it.

Adam
GaroldShaffer
Thinking of Selling Whitey ohmy.gif idea.gif

How much biggrin.gif

- Garold
seanery
I'm not sure what I'd want for it. It depends on what the 911 would cost biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.