Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small front bumper tits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JmuRiz
I saw this picture on the AA site from the MUSR 11 and wonder what the owner did to get small bumper tits on the front of their car...I think it's a cool look.

Also, they seem to have an odd engine in their car, anyone that attended the MUSR have info on the car?
poorsche914
I think this is the Suby powered 914.
dlee6204
I believe the small tits came from some 75-76 cars. Not all later cars have them though.
blitZ
Those are the definitely the 75-76 bumperettes. I did that to my car when I back dated the bumpers and have them on the back also. I like to call them A cups.

JmuRiz
Hmmm, they look a little slimmer, but may be the same.
Does anyone know if the owner of that car is on this site?
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 19 2010, 07:45 AM) *

I think it's just the angle of the car... they look about the same to me if you account for the difference in perspective.
d914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 19 2010, 10:45 AM) *

bigkat83
Sleepin
IPB Image

You have to drill new holes in your bumper by mounting them this way, but the curvature fits much nicer IMO.

I call them A cups as well. I got the idea after seeing Elliot's black car. The bumper I bought from Gint when doing the backdate was in great shape, but if you looked at it close in the right light, you could tell where the old tits were. This way the super shiny "under tit" chrome is hidden, and the car has a relatively unique look.

I believe the small tits came from some 75-76 cars. Not all later cars have them though.

It is my understanding that only the California spec cars needed to have tits on top of those big rubber bumpers.

BigDBass

I like the small ones and have often thought about changing mine over.

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 19 2010, 11:17 AM) *
You have to drill new holes in your bumper by mounting them the right way, but the curvature fits much nicer IMO.

So the 75-76 "tits" are not a direct bolt-on replacement for the previous larger ones? I had the impression they were the same.
Sleepin
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 19 2010, 10:26 AM) *

I like the small ones and have often thought about changing mine over.

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 19 2010, 11:17 AM) *
You have to drill new holes in your bumper by mounting them the right way, but the curvature fits much nicer IMO.

So the 75-76 "tits" are not a direct bolt-on replacement for the previous larger ones? I had the impression they were the same.

Dan,

If you mount them like blitZ has his (note: mine are "sideways"), then the existing holes in the bumper will only have to be ovaled a bit....they are close, but not exact IIRC.

If you want to mount them like the ones on my car, then you have to drill new holes.

The factory tit's studs were like:

and to mount them like on my car you need holes like:

make sense?

IPB Image
BigDBass
Ah, thanks. Now I see.
bembry
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 19 2010, 09:17 AM) *

It is my understanding that only the California spec cars needed to have tits on top of those big rubber bumpers.

ONe of my 914 books lists CA and MD as the places with the bumperettes on the 75-76 bumpers. CA I can see--very typical. MD--why?
ConeDodger
I have a set sitting on the shelf. I was thinking of having Mark (914Rubber.com) do up some sets that will fit without modification if anyone else is interested.
BigDBass
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 19 2010, 12:35 PM) *
I have a set sitting on the shelf. I was thinking of having Mark (914Rubber.com) do up some sets that will fit without modification if anyone else is interested.

+1 agree.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 19 2010, 09:35 AM) *

Now you're talking, I'd be all over those.

I'm not keen on drilling new holes, so a new set that fits the sideways mount w/o new holes would be awesome!
Drums66
.....won't make much difference on heavy impact but nice touch poke.gif bye1.gif more popcorn[1].gif anyone!(you might want to try D cups....74')
(75' 76') flag.gif
PanelBilly
My car doen't have any tits. I'm an"ass man" anyways.

Click to view attachment
Drums66
.....I had forgotten about being......rear ended laugh.gif poke.gif
bye1.gif(sorry to take the thread downnnn)
BIGKAT_83
Thats my car and yes they are from a 75 or 76 and I had to drill new holes. Would have gone without them,but one covers a small dent.
The car is a subaru 6cyl. and this was the first big drive. Ran flawless and got over 25mpg in the mountains
Nice bumpers blitz....
Bob
Mikey914
If I did make these, how about with 3M 2 sided tape? You could allways remove them later if you wanted.
Black22
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 19 2010, 11:47 AM) *

My car doen't have any tits. I'm an"ass man" anyways.

Click to view attachment

My car is a "titless" 74, but if I had to have them I prefer the A-cups... I really like the difference in the mounting that Sleepins car has. It really has a certain look that seems right. Nice placement of your boobies! lol-2.gif av-943.gif Not to mention the Bookcliffs in the background...is this River Road?? Every time you post a pic with GJ in the background I get homesick. BTW I'm voting for you in the COTM. Just sayin.
Sleepin
That pic was taken at 29rd and the RR tracks (D 1/2 Rd.). Right before they started digging the road up for the underpass to go under the tracks.

Thanks for the vote...I am really honored that the nominator and the seconder blink.gif have both seen my car in person... I am flattered that I share the nominations with some really beautiful cars and some really great people!!
Black22
29rd and D1/2?...man, I wasn't even close! Great looking car and yes, you are in good company with the others that are nominated. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.