Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is the turn signal relay on my '72 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thezonster
Its not on the fuse block
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Just above on the ledge of the steel dash buck between the lighting switches. Reach up and you will feel it.

QUOTE(thezonster @ Oct 20 2010, 08:14 AM) *

Its not on the fuse block

thezonster
Im not finding it. How would I recognize it if I saw it??
thezonster
I still need help with this. I did find a relay that is the same as the new turn signal relay that I bought. Is there only one of this type relay in the car?? If so then that must be it. Problem is, that I still have the same problem, after replacing that relay.
Cap'n Krusty
Maybe you could tell us what the problem is ......................... I'm guessing it's not that your heater doesn't work ..........................

The Cap'n
thezonster
The left and right arrows at the top of the tach. When I turn the left turn signal on, the left arrow flashes, when I turn the right turn signal on, the same left arrow flashes, only very dimly. I was told that this was because the turn signal relay was bad.
Cap'n Krusty
OK. Did you buy the correct flasher relay? Yours has 4 terminals.

The Cap'n
pcar916
QUOTE(thezonster @ Oct 22 2010, 06:01 AM) *

The left and right arrows at the top of the tach. When I turn the left turn signal on, the left arrow flashes, when I turn the right turn signal on, the same left arrow flashes, only very dimly. I was told that this was because the turn signal relay was bad.

Maybe. But before you replace the relay, make sure all of your bulbs are working and especially that the ground wires are firmly attached. I had a similar problem recently that turned out to be a ground wire that had been pulled loose at the left rear taillight housing. I'd loaded some steel into the rear trunk and wasn't careful enough with it. As for the relay location it's normally under your dash above the fuse panel

To find relays and fuses (and every other electrical thing as well) you should always consult the wiring diagrams for wire colors that will tell you what they are.

Look at device "47" in this diagram and hunt for those color wires going to a relay under your dash.

Click to view attachment

Good luck!
thezonster
Yes its the correct 4 pin relay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.