Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 electrical help - console connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jpnovak
I am simplifying the wiring on my 1975 Suby conversion. Under the center console there is a 4 pole connector that I can not ID. The connector is white, round and approximately 12mm OD. It has female plugs. There are a brown, black with Yellow stripe and 4 blue with yellow stripe wires. The 4 B/Y wires are divided over two poles. These go forward under the dash.

This wiring color does not show up in any wiring diagram I have found. Please let me know if you can ID this connector before I cut it out.

Thanks.

JeffBowlsby
I think thats at the center of the car back by the backpad, not under the center console. Can you post a photo? Your shorthand is 4 B/Y - is that blue/yellow or black/yellow?
Markl
Both my '75s have a connector like that hanging down by the steering shaft - neither are connected to anything, and I haven't seen anything that might connect there - I assumed that they are there for A/C, otherwise not needed. Jeff is the wiring expert, maybe he can clarify.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
probably for the egr system. Only used in the California cars. Plugs into a counter box to click on the egr light after a certain number of miles

QUOTE(jpnovak @ Oct 20 2010, 11:54 AM) *

I am simplifying the wiring on my 1975 Suby conversion. Under the center console there is a 4 pole connector that I can not ID. The connector is white, round and approximately 12mm OD. It has female plugs. There are a brown, black with Yellow stripe and 4 blue with yellow stripe wires. The 4 B/Y wires are divided over two poles. These go forward under the dash.

This wiring color does not show up in any wiring diagram I have found. Please let me know if you can ID this connector before I cut it out.

Thanks.

jpnovak
jeff, Yes, that is Bl/Y for blue/yellow.

The connector exits the main harness wrap (if you can call spiral tap a wrap) just forward of the shifter mounting hole. I will try to post some pictures tonight.

From the sound of things I can leave this alone.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.