Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need a body shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
A friend of mine's daughter was in a fender bender last week in their trusty ole Camry. The estimate from the "approved" body shop is $3700 and the insurance company wants to total it.

Supposedly, there is no structural damage, just the front bumper, grill, fascia, lights, AC condenser and hood + paint. The airbags didn't pop.

Assuming that there is no structural damage, my friend would like to get an estimate from a more cost effective shop near-by. He's trying to see if it's worth it to buy it back from the insurance company and have it fixed.

Anyone have a recommendation for a body shop in Santa Clarita that might be able to handle this? Please post it here or PM me.

TIA
kphimself
My brother works for toyota and he said that's a pretty fair price depending on the year. My father always told me as a rule of thumb its normally the total repair parts cost times 3 is what you will end up paying. There are a good bit of brackets and supports that are behind the bumper and grill. You can get alot of the panels for cheap form either junk yards or knock off replicas for cheap but the knock offs never look good and don't fit at all. If looks aren't an issue salvaged parts, some back yard body shop and a cheap maco could cut that in half i'm sure.
realred914
photos of the wrecked car would be cool, also the price insurance gave might be a low ball offer. the car may be underestimated in value by insurance company also. so try to talk the insurance company into a higher value on teh car so that they wont total it rather they will get it fixed. total a late model carfor $3700 makes me think they are low balling you on the price. get used car prices and see if you can do better with them.

beware of folks offering to fix you car via the internet. i had fallen victum to one of them, Gerald Mccarthy (aka Jerry McCarthy) of Rennsport Vintage Werks in Pleasanton Calif. He came across as a Porsche expertthat could fix both my cars when i asked for assistance on the forum much like you have done, he ended up damageing both my cars, carried no insurance at his shop, promised to pay me for the damages , then renegged on that. real rip off artists can be found on teh web, so make sure you get good refereances for any place you choose to get car repaired. Jerry McCarthy still lurks here trying to trick unsuspecting Porsche owners into letting him touch there cars.

good luck, hope the car can be saved with no money lost.

sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif ar15.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 20 2010, 05:09 PM) *

A friend of mine's daughter was in a fender bender last week in their trusty ole Camry. The estimate from the "approved" body shop is $3700 and the insurance company wants to total it.

Supposedly, there is no structural damage, just the front bumper, grill, fascia, lights, AC condenser and hood + paint. The airbags didn't pop.

Assuming that there is no structural damage, my friend would like to get an estimate from a more cost effective shop near-by. He's trying to see if it's worth it to buy it back from the insurance company and have it fixed.

Anyone have a recommendation for a body shop in Santa Clarita that might be able to handle this? Please post it here or PM me.

TIA

Valencia Coachworks
25238 Anza Dr.
Valencia, Ca. 91355
661-257-2268

See Floyd, tell him Jeff the former manager sent ya or send me a pm with your friends name and I will give him a heads up for professional courtesy.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.