Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 oil line support
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Can anyone show me pics and maybe provide a pdf template for the oil line support that was unique to the six cars? Thanks, Mark
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2010, 08:06 AM) *

Can anyone show me pics and maybe provide a pdf template for the oil line support that was unique to the six cars? Thanks, Mark

I made you a template and will send it soon.

Bob BClick to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 21 2010, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2010, 08:06 AM) *

I made you a template and will send it soon.

Bob BClick to view attachment

This PDF should be printed out at 105% to get it to fit right. It can be filed at the outside of the curve if you want. The one on my 6 was bent and this is what it looks like after I hammered it back. I used a 300 DPI Laser printer. If you cannot download this send me a email and I will send it to you.

BobClick to view attachment
mepstein
Bob - Thanks for the pic and the download worked fine. Could you also get me a pic a little further back so I can get the location of the support as it attaches to the chassis. Thanks again, Mark
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2010, 11:02 AM) *

Bob - Thanks for the pic and the download worked fine. Could you also get me a pic a little further back so I can get the location of the support as it attaches to the chassis. Thanks again, Mark

Try this Mark,

SLITS
So that's what's wrong with my six ... it doesn't have a jockstrap.
bcheney
That is too funny.....RLMAO!!! lol-2.gif My conversion won't have this...or should I ???
SirAndy
QUOTE(bcheney @ Oct 21 2010, 07:33 PM) *

That is too funny.....RLMAO!!! lol-2.gif My conversion won't have this...or should I ???

Actually, if you are running a oil tank in the stock location, it's a good idea to have some sort of support for the oil line in that area.

I added a large clamp in the exact same spot on my conversion to prevent the lower oil line from flopping around ...
shades.gif
bcheney
SirAndy, do you have a pic of what you did on your conversion? Thanks!
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 21 2010, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2010, 11:02 AM) *

Try this Mark,

Bob - Can you give me a shot from a wider point of view. My car never had that piece and I've never seen its location on a stock six so I'm in the dark about where it is on the car. Sorry for being clueless but I appreciate the help. Mark
ClayPerrine
Would you be able to post the template?

mepstein
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 22 2010, 08:10 AM) *

Would you be able to post the template?

he did on post 5 of this thread.
Eric_Shea
Download this...

Click to view attachment

I think Jeff got it to me... worked for me.
Eric_Shea
Oooooooops... just noticed Bob already got you a template. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.