Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving Stock Fuel Pump to Front Trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
As long as I have the engine out & I'm staring at the fuel pump, what a perfect time to move the pump to the front trunk. What I'm lookin' for is a "parts list" so that I don't forget anything stupid. What's the safest tubing to run the fuel lines thru the tunnel??? Should I go with s/steel and lines and wrap it with spiral wrap to reduce chafing?
I haven't pulled the lines yet so I don't know what to expect. Thanks, beer.gif
lmcchesney
d7n7master,
Joe has been discussing this issue/technique the other day. Just move to this post and see if it has what you need.
Parts list will depend on the extent of work/repair.
Basic.
Make sure you use Fuel Injection Fuel Hose (reinforced).
If you replace the centeral tunnel plastic lines, I used 3/8" brake liners/fuel line. About $5 for 4ft. You can mount the pump under the tank. Insulate the pump from the body/chasis with rubber gromets.
Let us know if you need more?

You have a much better UPS delivery than I. As a matter of fact, can I have something shipped by you?
L McCheseny
d7n7master
L McCheseny,
I'll have to ask her if she gets out-of- state, hehehe. I hope not... wub.gif
I haven't seen a "under tank" mounting of the fp, but I kinda like the idea as long as it's not exposed to debris. When I pull the gas tank I'll have a better idea of possibilities...
Don't ya just hate it when your car has run awesome for say... a two hour run and you stop for 20 mins - and then it's crank, crank, crank, feels like it's flooded??? But it's vapor lock? - Germans R suppose to be smarter than that - aren't they?
lmcchesney
There is adaquate space there. I have a different design for my Fi system so I have gone with a dual pump system. There is room for both pumps and my 22mm Weilty bar. Mine has an access hole from the bottom I use to get to the fuel filter. Hole is covered by the suspension shroud. Wiring options, are a single pos 12ga wire from the connection where the pump used to be in the back, through the centeral tunnel to the new pump location. Use ground at the local position. However, I ran a ground along with the pos. wire.
Any thing I can do, let me know.
L. McC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.