Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear heater blower mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
Installing a rear heater blower in my 72. Car came with no blower or mount. I need a pic of the blower mounted in the proper location in a 72. Thanks
realred914
QUOTE(biker bob @ Oct 22 2010, 06:44 AM) *

Installing a rear heater blower in my 72. Car came with no blower or mount. I need a pic of the blower mounted in the proper location in a 72. Thanks

i got no phot for you, but if you have the haynes manual it is picured on page 18 fig. 5.4 and page 17 fig 1.8 (pages from 1989 edition of book, pages may vary with different editions)

basically it goes to the left of the oil filler cap with a brakct to teh fan house and a support bracket to the case near the aux air valve.

later cars had the fan mounted on a welded in bracket to teh body near the relay plate.

chowtime.gif cheer.gif hissyfit.gif aktion035.gif headbang.gif flag.gif driving-girl.gif sawzall-smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif ar15.gif shades.gif smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif welder.gif bye1.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 22 2010, 10:26 AM) *
basically it goes to the left of the oil filler cap with a brakct to teh fan house and a support bracket to the case near the aux air valve.
later cars had the fan mounted on a welded in bracket to teh body near the relay plate.

agree.gif

Early cars had a bolted on bracket on the front of the engine ... popcorn[1].gif
windforfun
Click to view attachment
realred914
QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 23 2010, 08:25 AM) *

that photo is of the late style mount welded to the body for referance
windforfun
"73 1.7
SirAndy
QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 23 2010, 09:48 AM) *

agree.gif

I found a old couple of pics of the fan mounted on a '70 car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
biker bob
Thanks to everyone. Bob
Van
Some of the shots on my engine building page show that bracket pretty well: http://ephotomotion.com/914engine/page43.html
r_towle
Curious...
Do you have heat now?
Is there some funky way to adapt the little 6 you have with the heater tubes?

Rich

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 23 2010, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 23 2010, 09:48 AM) *

agree.gif

I found a old couple of pics of the fan mounted on a '70 car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 24 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Curious...
Do you have heat now?
Is there some funky way to adapt the little 6 you have with the heater tubes?

No heat right now other than the radiant heat from the oil-lines ... popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.