Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do i get the black tube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
On the Gulf car I used heat shrink wire wrap on the metal tabs that hold the wire bundles in place, but I want it to be OEM looking on the Creamsickle. So where can I find this stuff

Photo of my new rear bumper for those of you who just look at pictures

Click to view attachment
anderssj
If I can't find it anywhere else, I use the coverings from Volvo wiring harnesses on any wrecked 240s I find at the local pick and pull. Seems to be about the right thickness and finish. Hope this helps!
jonferns
Try glossy heatshrink tubing. Im actually looking for the same thing, i'll let you know if I find anything that is a close match to the original.
realred914
a non heat shrink woire sleave would nbe most accurate, the original finsh of the sleave is a glossy black, some sleave is flat black so pick a gloss, the original was non shrink. I have a spool of some non-shirnk wire sleave roughly 3/8 inch dia or so that works fine, i believe it is a PVC material with a good gloss finish. got it from my Dad decades ago. try an electric supply store or maybe even a hobby shop.

have fun
windforfun
Try George at AA. I got a bunch of them from him a few years back.
PanelBilly
George are you out there?
Cap'n Krusty
Uhhhhhhhhhhh, you try the dealer?

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
Try Bruce Stone. Next time he's at a boneyard he can grab a bunch. they clean up well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.