Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Switch for engine compartment heater fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Van
I've put an electric blower in the engine compartment (since, for the last 15 years, my car never had it). And, I wired it up per the wiring diagram - relay on the PC board and all... but I don't know where the switch is. It's not the top slider on the dash heater controls - that only operates the fresh air blower.

Can someone point me in the direction of whta *should* switch that fan on and off?

Thanks!
benalishhero
IIRC it comes on with the heater box control lever.

Green white. Ground to body according to diagram.
bmtrnavsky
In my car I pull the big red lever by the gear shifter back and the blower in the engine compartment comes on.

The dash levers control the fresh air box in the front trunk.
oldschool
agree.gif it's on the floor.
McMark
agree.gif The red lever on the center tunnel.
Van
Thanks guys - I had a hunch it was that... Yeah, according to the wiring diagram, it's green with a white stripe. I just glued that tunnel piece of carpet on - but I can pull it off.

Presumably it's a corroded contact or something.
r_towle
its a ground switch...on the floor like they have said.
It opens the flapper valves on the heater tubes via cables, and at the very end of the throw for that lever switch there is a ground contact on the bottom of the lever...
It gets really dirty down there...and needs to be cleaned.

The idea was that you could open that lever 80% and that opens the flapper boxes all the way...if you open the lever 100% it also turns on the fan...
You will find that you dont want that fan on all the time....it will overheat you eventually.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Van @ Oct 23 2010, 06:10 AM) *

Thanks guys - I had a hunch it was that... Yeah, according to the wiring diagram, it's green with a white stripe. I just glued that tunnel piece of carpet on - but I can pull it off.

You GLUED the tunnel carpet in place? HA!. What happens when you have to get in there, like this time, when you need to access the shifter, when the clutch cable tube comes adrift, when you need to make sure the cables aren't tangled, when you have to replace the speedo cable?

The Cap'n
underthetire
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 23 2010, 07:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Van @ Oct 23 2010, 06:10 AM) *

You GLUED the tunnel carpet in place? HA!. What happens when you have to get in there, like this time, when you need to access the shifter, when the clutch cable tube comes adrift, when you need to make sure the cables aren't tangled, when you have to replace the speedo cable?

The Cap'n

Or stash your pot? smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.