Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Moving to McChord AFB, WA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
So I got orders yesterday that I am moving to McChord AFB, WA. biggrin.gif I am going home! So I will be leaving here early February next year for the great Pacific Northwest. I can't wait. I am pretty excited to get stationed up at McChord in my home state and only be an hour away from my family. piratenanner.gif
JRust
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 23 2010, 09:31 AM) *

So I got orders yesterday that I am moving to McChord AFB, WA. biggrin.gif I am going home! So I will be leaving here early February next year for the great Pacific Northwest. I can't wait. I am pretty excited to get stationed up at McChord in my home state and only be an hour away from my family. piratenanner.gif

Congrats! Always nice to be close to family. Not to mention the killer 914 crew up there.
RJMII
That is great! Congrats James!
jcambo7
Thanks Rust and Jim. You're right about the great 914 guys up there. There are some great ones in the midwest that I wish I could have met. Like you Jim!
messix
piratenanner.gif
Gearhead1432
That's where I've been for the last few years! Now it's "Joint Base Lewis McChord" and Mcchord is back to "Mcchord Field." Sorry if I just threw up in my mouth a little. Most are not too happy about the situation.

I look forward to seeing another 914 on the base.

-Rob
Drums66
...that's cool, cause you want it! biggrin.gif poke.gif
my sister lives in Ok,city....she likes it!
Godspeed bye1.gif (all the best to you!!!)
ConeDodger
Cool. Your brother-in-law Jon is a little whack lol-2.gif But it should be nice for your wife to be close to her sister... biggrin.gif Or are you married to Jon's sister???

Sorry Jon, could not resist!!!
PanelBilly
We're going to need to see if you qualify to be a PNW teener.
Have you taken apart a 914 (it doesn't need to be put back together)
Do you brew your own beer
Do you drink and then work on your car (or the reverse)
can you occationally meet on a tuesday night for no reason at all
can you BBQ or eat mass qualtities of the same

must meet at least one of the above tests
rohar
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 23 2010, 04:48 PM) *

We're going to need to see if you qualify to be a PNW teener.
Have you taken apart a 914 (it doesn't need to be put back together)
Do you brew your own beer
Do you drink and then work on your car (or the reverse)
can you occationally meet on a tuesday night for no reason at all
can you BBQ or eat mass qualtities of the same

must meet at least one of the above tests

I'm kinda inland, but it appears to be a common thing in the state:

Yes
Yes
Yes
not so much, its a long drive from here
Oh hells yeah, anyone need a half or two of a good beef this spring?
kerensky
James, we'll miss you around here. Glad you get to go home, tho, that's always important.
PeeGreen 914
Rob, I married his sister.

Billy, he qualifies. He has taken apart a 914 and has a very nice 914-6 that Chris Williams built. piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to having you home in the NW with a beautiful new bride buddy beerchug.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 23 2010, 10:55 PM) *

Rob, I married his sister.

Billy, he qualifies. He has taken apart a 914 and has a very nice 914-6 that Chris Williams built. piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to having you home in the NW with a beautiful new bride buddy beerchug.gif

Thanks Jon! I am excited also.

Billy, I am positive I qualify. I grew up in Everett obviously and I now own my second 914 that Jon helped me get. I took apart a lot of my first 73 914 2.0 D jet which was a huge learning experience for me.

Chad. I am kind of sad to go because I haven't been able to meet a lot of the great teener guys here in the midwest and go to rallies or just hang out.
RJMII
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 23 2010, 10:51 AM) *

Thanks Rust and Jim. You're right about the great 914 guys up there. There are some great ones in the midwest that I wish I could have met. Like you Jim!

You're actually 2 hours closer to me in WA than you are in OK. Who knows, maybe the stars will align nicely and I'll be able to make it to WCR next year. There are a few people in the PNW (or that will be moving there soon), that I'd like to meet or see again.
jcambo7
QUOTE(RJMII @ Oct 24 2010, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 23 2010, 10:51 AM) *

You're actually 2 hours closer to me in WA than you are in OK. Who knows, maybe the stars will align nicely and I'll be able to make it to WCR next year. There are a few people in the PNW (or that will be moving there soon), that I'd like to meet or see again.

That would be awesome because I should be able to make next years WCR.
Tom_T
Congratz & Thanx for your service to us all! flag.gif
Family is very important to be close! smile.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 24 2010, 07:36 PM) *

Congratz & Thanx for your service to us all! flag.gif
Family is very important to be close! smile.gif

Thanks Tom
6freak
WELCOME HOME YOUNG MAN drunk.gif ...AND THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 25 2010, 10:07 AM) *

2.2l 6 in GTU next year poke.gif
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 25 2010, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 25 2010, 10:07 AM) *

2.2l 6 in GTU next year poke.gif

And a 2.4 maybe two of them ??????
PeeGreen 914
Oh really? Maybe I need to join in this madness. My little 1.8l car will be a MU car so I will need to figure something out.
TheCabinetmaker
Congrats James! I'm sorry we never got to meet, but that could still happen before you leave.

BTW, USAF- 1966-1970 Del Rio tx, Wichita Ks, Takhli Thailand.
jcambo7
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 25 2010, 05:14 PM) *

Congrats James! I'm sorry we never got to meet, but that could still happen before you leave.

Thanks Curt! That would be great if we could! Thats awesome that you served! Thank you for serving. Thailan huh? I wonder how much fun that was?
championgt1
Welcome home James! smilie_pokal.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 26 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Thanks Curt! That would be great if we could! Thats awesome that you served! Thank you for serving. Thailan huh? I wonder how much fun that was?

Me too! drunk.gif I was 19, in a country full of beautiful women, and could drink leagally! biggrin.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 27 2010, 06:42 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 26 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Me too! drunk.gif I was 19, in a country full of beautiful women, and could drink leagally! biggrin.gif

Yep...sounds like fun! beerchug.gif
jcambo7
Update: My wife and I leave for WA in 8 days! We start our road trip on the 1st of February with the 914 in tow. Going to be a long journey via I-40 W until I hit I-5 N all the way up to McChord.
jcambo7
So we ended up leaving Oklahoma on the 31st of January instead of the 1st of February to leave before the storm hit Oklahoma City. Well we got out of there just in time because some people are still stuck in their houses. So we are in Tustin, CA for the night and than we are heading to Sacremento to stay at my Great Uncle's place for a free night instead of a hotel. Than on to my Grandfathers place in Dallas, OR. I should be in Lakewood, WA by Saturday night! biggrin.gif
silver74insocal
head to the spearmint rhino ....
sportlicherFahrer
Congrats on the orders and thank you for your service! I would love to get orders back home one day myself(on Lewis of course). Hope the drive is good to you and your family. Hopefully get to meet you once I'm back from the sand box. I'll be staying in Puayallup/Tacoma for a couple weeks.
jcambo7
Thanks everyone for the safe travel wishes. Got in to McChord AFB Saturday evening finally. Feels good to no longer be driving, driving, and driving. Now just need to find a place to live. Hopefully it will be on base.
6freak
teener tuesday will have to be in the sound sound area for once ,,bout time....COME ON SUNSHINE

let me know if you need help with anything ! I`m right down the road from JBLM
Mr.242
WELCOME TO HOME!

Get settled in and get ready for the spring drives when the sun pops out!

beerchug.gif Teener Tuesday's are awesome!
jcambo7
So my wife and I are finally at McChord. We are currently in the hotel on base. Been here since Saturday night. We have been house hunting and we believe we found a place to live in Puyallup. We will be applying for it tomorrow morning. I really hope we get it because it is in a great area and a large neighborhood. It also comes with a garage for the 914 of course! The 914 is in Dallas, OR right now at my grandfather's place on a trailer waiting for me to get a place to live up here and than he will pull it up here for me.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 8 2011, 08:35 PM) *

WELCOME TO HOME!

Get settled in and get ready for the spring drives when the sun pops out!

beerchug.gif Teener Tuesday's are awesome!

Thanks. We are working on settling in. Applying for a place tomorrow. I can't wait for the spring drives and than to experience my first Teener Tuesday. biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
Spring is here, I saw the sun this morning. A bit frosty for the cars without heat.
Gearhead1432
Welcome to McChord! It's good to hear you made it safely.

-Rob
jcambo7
We now have a home! It feels great to no longer be traveling and going from hotel to hotel! Now I just need to get my teener up here from Dallas, OR to put in the garage!
Root_Werks
Cool!

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.