Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 with Buick V8. Price drop! SOLD SOLD SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
michaelt55
Been trying to sell this car to a motivated younger, healthier 914 addict.. I am selling my 72 Buick powered 914. Its registered in Texas and I have a Dr Evil new trans, Rennshifter and West shift kit to go with it. Its outside Houston Texas and right now am asking $ 7.5k for it . I would sell the car without the trans, shifter and west shift kit if asked but it would be cheaper and more cost effective for you to buy it all. I need the space in the garage badly, my SRT8 Challenger is sitting under the patio and my garage is in terrible disorder.

The car has:
BODY
-Rayco FRP front fenders
-Mitcom 916 rear quarter panels
-P.B. Tweeks FRP flared rocker panels

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
-1970 Rover/Buick all aluminum 215-V8
-STD bore, 10.5-1 (stock) comp ratio
-Cyl heads-ported exhaust ports, 3 angle valve grind with hi-retainers-shaft rocker stands shortened .060"-pushrods shortened .125" for geometry correction.
-Camshaft-M-488 custom ground by Shadbolt engineering(Vancouver B.C.) C/W hydraulic lifters
-Spheroidal graphite iron crankshaft, 5 main journal center, thrust mains, .010" under - rods ground .001"
-Hi volume oil pump, Buick v8 filter housing
-Facet electric fuel pump-GM canister filter
-Offenhauser alum intake
-500cfm Carter carb C/W electric choke
-Buick distributer with Unilite conversion
-Kennedy engineered product #1000 Rover to Porsche adapter
-KEP 2400# max pressure plate
-KEP throwout bearing
-V.W. 200mm clutch disc
-Custon h.d. radiator w/ twin Spals
-Toyota Corolla heater

ELECTRICAL
-Hella H-4 Q.I. headlites
-Eurolens rear tail lites
-Tach converted to 8cyl
-Mechanical oil pressure and water temp
-Electrical oil temp and cyl head temp
-Alpine CD with JBL audio speakers
-Electric windows
-Keyless entry

SUSPENSION
-H AT H Carrera 19mm adj front sway bar
-Addco 16mm rear sway bar
-140# rear springs (100 stock)
-Stock front torsion bar
-Koni adj front and Koni H.D. rear shock absorbers
-BMW 320i front brake conversion
-Stock Porsche rear calipers
-All four calipers have stainless steel liners and completely rebuilt.
-Adj proporsioning valve
-19mm 911 master cylinder
-All rotors have been crossdrilled
-All flex lines are braided stainless steel
-Pagio performance brake pads, all four wheels
-Carrol Shelby Mini-Europa wheels 7/15 front 8.5/15 rear
-Custom roll bar with rear chassis supports

Lots of extra's, like new bumper top on rear, GT Engine cover, spare front fenders, etc... not perfect but a nice looker and drives well.

email me for any additional info but give me some time as I am working 2 jobs right now and my health is starting to suck...
sooba_dave
[
Neat car! I just talked to Brad Mayeur today about His impressions of v-8 cars. I've been afraid to take the plunge, but I was thinking an aluminum engine would be the only way to go. Your price doesn't sound out of line, but it sounds a little out of My budget. Good luck! icon_bump.gif
HeloMech
That figures... I go to the sandbox and THEN people sell V8's in my price range... DOH!
michaelt55
Actually have been driving the car and enjoyed the hell out of it so it may stay with me a while longer if no one comes up with an offer...even bought new mirrors and some other things for it...

Michael
michaelt55
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Nov 25 2010, 02:16 PM) *

Actually have been driving the car and enjoyed the hell out of it so it may stay with me a while longer if no one comes up with an offer...even bought new mirrors and some other things for it...

Michael

lets see...new fuzzies, new mirrors, tune up, thinking of buying another hood and louvering it....

and if I do that, I have to repaint, then I add flares to the front...

and if I do all of that or start doing it..its not being sold...
streetrover
Hi Michael,

I'm nearing the mid-point of my rover-914 build. I just wanted to ask about your water pump and distributor. What did you use and how did it fit?

Thanks,
Bob beerchug.gif
michaelt55
QUOTE(streetrover @ Dec 12 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Hi Michael,

I'm nearing the mid-point of my rover-914 build. I just wanted to ask about your water pump and distributor. What did you use and how did it fit?

Thanks,
Bob beerchug.gif

Actually used a stock buick waterpump. The shaft is short enough to fit and my back firewall is notched to allow clearance. I used an Mallory distributor that uses electronic points. With just enough room to spare....
patssle
What, finally getting a chance to drive for several months with all this amazing weather well into December changing your mind? wink.gif
Gint
Do you have some real pictures of the car?
streetrover
Oh well...I was hoping to find someone who was running the megasquirt2 electronic ignition and injection 'cuz I need some advise in those areas. Thanks and good luck!
Bob
michaelt55
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 16 2010, 07:47 PM) *

Do you have some real pictures of the car?

Gint, explain what you mean by "real pictures"?
Gint
You have 3 small pictures here in the ad and no link to others (that I can see). There are 2 pics of the engine and one picture of the back of the car. No interior shots at all. You can't even tell if the front is flared. It looks like it could be, reading from the text indicate it probably isn't, but it's almost impossible to tell by the pics that are available.

It looks fantastic but there aren't enough pics to really tell. Pictures sell cars.
michaelt55
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 21 2010, 06:24 AM) *

You have 3 small pictures here in the ad and no link to others (that I can see). There are 2 pics of the engine and one picture of the back of the car. No interior shots at all. You can't even tell if the front is flared. It looks like it could be, reading from the text indicate it probably isn't, but it's almost impossible to tell by the pics that are available.

It looks fantastic but there aren't enough pics to really tell. Pictures sell cars.

I will attempt to cure that sometime this week. Thanks for the help Gint.. The car is not flared in the front and the interior shots will also be included.
biosurfer1
So it's only flared in the rear? Can you take some good shots of the exterior if thats the case? I've been looking for pictures of a 914 that only had flares in the rear!
michaelt55
bump for interest! icon_bump.gif
enderw88
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ May 19 2011, 01:55 PM) *

Pictures?
ocs1667
QUOTE(enderw88 @ May 19 2011, 08:06 PM) *

Pictures?
I sent you a PM to contact
Dennis let me know if you rec. it

michaelt55
QUOTE(enderw88 @ May 19 2011, 10:06 PM) *

Pictures?

send me a email and I will send photos and a small video
michaelt55
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ May 22 2011, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(enderw88 @ May 19 2011, 10:06 PM) *

Pictures?

send me a email and I will send photos and a small video

lets try this..

nope..did not work..how do I embed a video?
michaelt55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RREl0p0J1g4

ok, that helps...
michaelt55
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jun 2 2011, 05:11 AM) *

so guys...had lots of email, a few calls...

make me an offer that is reasonable.... no sheeplove.gif
michaelt55
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jul 11 2011, 05:04 PM) *

icon_bump.gif just for ?
michaelt55
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jul 22 2011, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jul 11 2011, 05:04 PM) *

icon_bump.gif just for ?

so guess we will be going to other avenues... poke.gif
michaelt55
well..car is going to Ebay soon, make me an offer, I will sell it for less without the Dr Evil trans, Renn shifter, and JWEST shift kit and other extras like GT lid, extra fenders, etc..

I need the room to finish my 1959 chevy truck!!!Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

that LS1 engine I have in the crate in the garage is screaming to get into that beast!!! happy11.gif happy11.gif
michaelt55
icon_bump.gif

make me a reasonable offer...its going to Ebay this week.
michaelt55
[quote name='michaelt55' date='Aug 14 2011, 08:27 AM' post='1524425']
icon_bump.gif

ok...its on Ebay item #150658665434
michaelt55
[quote name='michaelt55' date='Sep 4 2011, 12:10 PM' post='1534429']
[quote name='michaelt55' date='Aug 14 2011, 08:27 AM' post='1524425']
icon_bump.gif

ok...its on Ebay item #150658665434
[/quote]

well I am surprised...no bids, several calls and offers off the cuff..but nothing solid...after 2 listings...

looks like its staying with me..
AgPete139
It's a nice car. I'm not a buyer, just an admirer that lives at 610/290 area. I'd love to come by and see your creation sometime!

Either way, if it's meant to sell, it will. Good luck!

Pete
michaelt55
QUOTE(AgPete139 @ Sep 27 2011, 04:01 PM) *

It's a nice car. I'm not a buyer, just an admirer that lives at 610/290 area. I'd love to come by and see your creation sometime!

Pete

thanks...its just after my accident its really hard to get into a car this low but guess I need to put the extra parts in it and drive the wheels off of it...but thats taking money from my 59 chevy truck rebuild...
michaelt55
[quote name='michaelt55' date='Oct 5 2011, 08:18 PM' post='1549975']
[quote name='AgPete139' post='1545342' date='Sep 27 2011, 04:01 PM']

Pete
[/quote]

thanks...its just after my accident its really hard to get into a car this low but guess I need to put the extra parts in it and drive the wheels off of it...but thats taking money from my 59 chevy truck rebuild...

icon_bump.gif still for sale guys..
michaelt55
ok, its been a busy month, paid taxes, married off daughter piratenanner.gif , getting started on new job, etc... drunk.gif

if I havent replied to people asking about the car, please try again..I know its a pain but now I have time to answer questions and post more pix if needed!!

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
michaelt55
Anyone interested???
Stonepilot
super nice
michaelt55
QUOTE(Stonepilot @ Dec 21 2011, 06:55 PM) *

super nice

Thanks, appreciate it!
michaelt55
Price drop. $9000 with extra parts or
$7500 without. It's not getting any lower so make a move!

Gotta move it to make room!
michaelt55
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jan 20 2012, 01:20 PM) *

Price drop. $9000 with extra parts or
$7500 without. It's not getting any lower so make a move!

Gotta move it to make room!

getting emails but not much else.... come on guys summer is almost upon us..its a ready to drive car! icon_bump.gif
914.SBC
What a great price for V8 conversion.

icon_bump.gif
EWPE
Please give me a call. PM sent with my phone number.
EWPE
Is car still for sale ? Please give me a call 609 680 8800 Thanks Ed
hbgsteve
Is it still for sale? call me if it is 707 293 7575
michaelt55
[quote name='hbgsteve' date='Mar 7 2012, 06:36 PM' post='1641122']
Is it still for sale? call me if it is 707 293 7575

left you a message
michaelt55
ok, last 2 people who expressed interest have been contacted. I need to sell the car as its really taking up space in the garage and I cant drive it comfortably any more due to my medical condition. Come on..lets talk turkey, be reasonable. Hell I will even take trade on some work or parts on my 1959 Chevy Apache! dry.gif
michaelt55
Well...still looking for a new owner...lets talk money, I will sell the whole kit and kaboodle for $7500. Longer you guys wait , the less I will put into the car, I am about ready to place it in storage and wait. Email me with offers but dont be ridiculous or insulting please.
poke.gif
michaelt55
icon_bump.gif

seems either no one cares or I am going about this wrong...someone make an offer?
pt_700
i'm surprised nobody has scooped this yet. i have way more than the asking into my long stalled project and it's nowhere near complete...

specfordracer
Hello, I am interested in your car. I am new to this site but have always thought 914's are fantastic cars. I am interested in a nice driver quality car that is simple and fun to drive. I appreciate your time, thank you, Todd. (609) 805-5964
michaelt55
QUOTE(specfordracer @ Aug 25 2012, 09:09 PM) *

Hello, I am interested in your car. I am new to this site but have always thought 914's are fantastic cars. I am interested in a nice driver quality car that is simple and fun to drive. I appreciate your time, thank you, Todd. (609) 805-5964

I will give you a call tomorrow...
michaelt55

ok I have again talked to one gentleman in depth, still looking for a buyer... WTF.gif
gandalfthegray
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Aug 11 2012, 10:18 PM) *

Well...still looking for a new owner...lets talk money, I will sell the whole kit and kaboodle for $7500. Longer you guys wait , the less I will put into the car, I am about ready to place it in storage and wait. Email me with offers but dont be ridiculous or insulting please.
poke.gif

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Aug 23 2012, 05:25 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

seems either no one cares or I am going about this wrong...someone make an offer?

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Sep 1 2012, 02:57 PM) *

ok I have again talked to one gentleman in depth, still looking for a buyer... WTF.gif

Michael, my $7k offer still stands. Let me know if you should change your mind.
michaelt55
QUOTE(gandalfthegray @ Sep 1 2012, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Aug 11 2012, 10:18 PM) *

poke.gif

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Aug 23 2012, 05:25 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Sep 1 2012, 02:57 PM) *

Michael, my $7k offer still stands. Let me know if you should change your mind.

Will tell you after Todd and I finish talking,

Then maybe a modified deal can be done.

Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.