Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found the "standards" for aftermarket wheels !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
It appears that SEMA Spec 5-1A has been replaced by SAE J2530.
(I talked to someone from SEMA)

So, I joined SAE and downloaded the specifications for Aftermarket Wheels....ouch!!!! $45.00 for 9 .pdf pages sad.gif I'm sure someone will tell me that I could have found this for free knowing my luck wink.gif

It does have all the information on what should be stamped/marked on the wheels*, test and procedures need to be performed as well as the engineering formulas to figure out the Bending Moment and the Radial Load, interesting stuff...........

*manufactures name or trademark, part number, country, wheel load rating and something new I've never seen on a wheel=largest diameter tire at it's maximum rated inflation
TimT
Mike on the other other thread I steered you to SAE cool_shades.gif
jonwatts
Did you need the spec for the water-cooled rims or for the 3-piece heads? wacko.gif
maf914
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 20 2004, 10:20 PM)
Did you need the spec for the water-cooled rims or for the 3-piece heads? wacko.gif

Were those welded or threaded? laugh.gif

Mike
Mueller
oh yea...thanks to Tim as well smilie_pokal.gif

that was indeed the correct spec, I just was not too sure due to the description and from the SAMA spec that Ken mentioned that the PCA wants rims to be built to.

I just wish the information from SAE was cheaper, tons of stuff I'd like to download and read......
davep
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 21 2004, 08:59 AM)
I just wish the information from SAE was cheaper, tons of stuff I'd like to download and read......

I feel the same way about getting the information. Couldn't get my boss to stump up for the costs. I was looking for ratings on automotive wires: current vs gage & strand counts, also fuse ratings vs circuit current.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.