Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New digital distributor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
http://www.vwparts.net/CB2014.html

Saw this new over at the Samba. Anyone seen this? Any idea if it works on a type4 or if it's worth it?
Jake Raby
I acquired one last week. Results will be posted on my forum in the next couple of months.
Jacob
CB performance has a reprint of an article that appeared in Hot VWs:
http://www.cbperformance.com/Sep2010.asp
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 24 2010, 04:53 PM) *

I acquired one last week. Results will be posted on my forum in the next couple of months.

Please be sure to let us know what you think, or at least cross-post a link.
gothspeed
WOW I am glad I have not bought a dizzy yet! I really think this new system is awesome biggrin.gif!!!!

JamesM
This looks very interesting, cant wait to see the results of the tests.

I would love to see more details on the triggering mechanism and how accurate it is compared to points or a pertronix setup.

Also, is that programing cable the same as the one used to program the LC-1 wideband? It would be very cool if it is as the LC-1 cable is what i have adapted my megasquirt setups to work with.

21x21 is a HUGE spark table to work with!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 28 2010, 11:42 PM) *

This looks very interesting, cant wait to see the results of the tests.

I would love to see more details on the triggering mechanism and how accurate it is compared to points or a pertronix setup.

Also, is that programing cable the same as the one used to program the LC-1 wideband? It would be very cool if it is as the LC-1 cable is what i have adapted my megasquirt setups to work with.

21x21 is a HUGE spark table to work with!

Reading the ad, as I did, will reveal that the "cable is proprietary to the distributor".

Too bad it won't work with D-jet.

The Cap'n
mskala

Reading the ad, as I did, will reveal that the "cable is proprietary to the distributor".

Too bad it won't work with D-jet.

The Cap'n

From the picture, the cabling they are using is a simple stereo-style plug to rs-232 connector, and a standard rs-232 to USB serial port. Unless they go to the bother of enumerating the USB port as something weird, it will just be an interface to any generic PC terminal program.
mskala

Also, I've seen ads for this place
123 ignition
which seems to have both a mappable and a 'select various stock curves' model.
mikea100
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 24 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Hi Jake,
Is the verdict out yet. I was browsing your website, but could find anything on this.
Thanks,
Mike
KaptKaos
I almost forgot about this. Thanks for the bump.

Jake Raby
I never received it.. I need to call them and ask where its at.
Mark Henry
If you read info it says the cable is included, but then it's you'll need the cable.

I really hate that, if you need the cable than it should be included, $28 for a $5 cable turns me off. Might be one of the reasons, in all the years I've been into VW's and all the parts I've sold, I've only ever bought one set of lowered spinals from CB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.