Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater ducts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Are these the right parts for me to use to send air from the six sheet metal to the heat exchangers on a 6 conversion. Thanks, mark

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...-air-ducts.html
Cupomeat
These *SHOULD* (only becuase I don't know your specific fan shroud) allow you to pull air from the main fan shroud for the heater boxes.

Looks like you found what you want.
mepstein
3.2 engine ...

Thanks, mark
jt914-6
Those look right. They look like the ones that came on my factory six that had a 2.0. I now have a 3.0 and they are on it too.
mepstein
Bought them. Thanks for your help guys. Mark

PS - he has a second set if anyone needs them.
Cupomeat
Yeah, on the 3.6 angines, they don't use the one on the right side (911 orientation) anymore. There is a blower motor and associated plumbing...

Looks like you have what you need.
Cap'n Krusty
You should get the later ones and leave those for someone with an early 2.0 car ..........

The Cap'n
mepstein
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 24 2010, 10:31 PM) *

You should get the later ones and leave those for someone with an early 2.0 car ..........

The Cap'n

What is the difference in fit or function between early and late?
dflesburg
The real question is....

Where in the world do you get 914-6 conversion heat exchangers that dont cost more than the car you started with to do the conversion....
mepstein
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Oct 25 2010, 01:35 PM) *

The real question is....

Where in the world do you get 914-6 conversion heat exchangers that dont cost more than the car you started with to do the conversion....

agree.gif You either have to buy oem (and hopefully find a deal), or buy one of the new ones made in stainless. I haven't done either yet. If I run low on money before it's done (next spring), I can bolt on a pair of used headers to get me through the summer and then revisit the heat exchangers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.