Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for single Cast Iron 96mm Jugs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
Does anybody know where I can get a single cast iron 96mm jug. Not very interested in Chinese stuff. I am interested in low price (as everybody is).

I have one jug that is damaged. I was actually going to replace three of the jugs due to other minor issues- I figure that I should replace them now rather than at an inopportune time in the future.

McMark
You can get a single stock 94mm cylinder and have it bored by Rimco. Or Jake might have broken sets.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We probably have about fifty here old npr used. Come by with some cash and you can help yourself for 15 bucks.

QUOTE(tornik550 @ Oct 25 2010, 07:21 PM) *

Does anybody know where I can get a single cast iron 96mm jug. Not very interested in Chinese stuff. I am interested in low price (as everybody is).

I have one jug that is damaged. I was actually going to replace three of the jugs due to other minor issues- I figure that I should replace them now rather than at an inopportune time in the future.

stugray
On this topic:

I am looking for 4X 2.0L pistons only, but I want flat top ( all mine are dished and I am considering raising my CR ).

I see lots of references to "2.0L 96mm" AND "2.0L 94mm".

When I measure my cylinders ID, it sure looks like 94mm!

Could someone explain why I see so many references to 96 & 94mm used interchangeably?

Stu

Sorry if I am hijacking ;-)
McMark
They're not used interchangeably. Most people don't bother building 94mm stock 2.0 when they can get 96mm for cheaper and get a power upgrade. Technically, at stock 2.0 is 1971cc and 96mm gets you 2056cc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.