Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Engine Sheet Metal Group Buy, anyone interested?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
hwgunner
Just checking to see if anyone is interested in a group buy for 914-6 engine sheet metal. 10 sets sold gets them for $300/set. Post here is you are in. beerchug.gif
sixgt
I would be in for two sets.
JmuRiz
Which set is it? The nice metal ones Rich Johnson sells?

I'd be interested in a set.

Any chance of an aftermarket alumn oil-tank setup group buy :-) I'd need the whole shabang, tank, console, filler, lines t-stat...
hwgunner
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 27 2010, 07:32 AM) *

Which set is it? The nice metal ones Rich Johnson sells?

I'd be interested in a set.

Any chance of an aftermarket alumn oil-tank setup group buy :-) I'd need the whole shabang, tank, console, filler, lines t-stat...

Yes, Rich has bought these from GPR in the past and yes they are nice metal sets. As for the other stuff, give me a complete list and i will see what i can do. beerchug.gif
tradisrad
I'm in for a set!
FourBlades
Are these powdercoated, painted, or raw metal?

I am in for a set either way.

John
markb
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Oct 27 2010, 09:18 AM) *

John

We get them raw, but we have a local powdercoater that does a nice job. Ask Elliott about the powdercoated set he got from us.
FourBlades

Does $300 include powdercoating?

Thanks,

John
patssle
I am curious to hear about the powder coating as well...and a possible oil tank group buy.

Might be in, not sure yet.
tradisrad
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Oct 27 2010, 09:29 AM) *

Thanks,

John

Good question! But I doubt it
markb
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Oct 27 2010, 09:29 AM) *

Thanks,

John

No, sorry.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Oct 27 2010, 06:57 AM) *

Yes, Rich has bought these from GPR in the past and yes they are nice metal sets. As for the other stuff, give me a complete list and i will see what i can do. beerchug.gif

Hmmm, not sure all the lines that I would need, as I've never done a 914/6 conversion before (anyone else here know?)
But I'd need the tank (I really liked the dwdesignwerks tank, not sure if those are available anymore though), the oil filter console, filler-dipstick console/tube, lines that go from the oil tank to the engine.

edit: make my tin set powdercoated black too.
PanelBilly
I'm in. Are they different for each engine size 2.2, 2.7, 3.0?
Mikey914
Just some food for thought. You may want to see about a group buy on the powder coating on these. Usually you're at the min lot charge for doing these, and since you'll have them all there at once, you may be able to have them done at about $50 a set (maybe l;ess), since it's raw metal, it dosent get ant easier than that!
Scott S
Ugh. This is killing me - what a GREAT deal (the fiberglass sets are 350.00 from Getty).

I decided not to repaint my engine compartment (it is black, but the car is white)and then use the amber fiberglass version to brighten things up (saves money on both fronts).

I wonder what it would look like if I did the sheet metal in white? So, black engine compartment, amber fan shroud and white sheet metal. I think I need to learn photoshop... headbang.gif
hwgunner

John

Powder coating will be $50.00 per set. This is a 2 part process with a primer and top coat. Color will all need to be the same. i did a set recently in 20% satin black and it looked great. Powder coating will take a week to get done ones we firm everything up. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 27 2010, 02:05 PM) *

I'm in. Are they different for each engine size 2.2, 2.7, 3.0?

they are the same up to the 3.2. If you have a 3.6 then they are different.
MDG
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Oct 27 2010, 08:40 PM) *

John

Powder coating will be $50.00 per set. This is a 2 part process with a primer and top coat. Color will all need to be the same. i did a set recently in 20% satin black and it looked great. Powder coating will take a week to get done ones we firm everything up. beerchug.gif

I'd be in for a set with the powder coating.

m.
hwgunner
So far it looks like 6 for sure and 2 maybe's. Couple more and i will get them ordered (take a week to get) and start collecting the $$$:beer2:
tradisrad
let me know when to pay. i assume you do pay pal? is shipping included in the $300? i will be in for the powder coating as well
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(markb @ Oct 27 2010, 09:19 AM) *

John

We get them raw, but we have a local powdercoater that does a nice job. Ask Elliott about the powdercoated set he got from us.

The tin is nicely done. I think the powder coating is worth it. My picture doesn't do it justice.
PanelBilly
I have a friend who owns a powder coating business who owes me lots of favors, so I rather get one that wasn't coated
SLITS
Ok, Jonathan & Mark, you sucked me in. Down for 1 set.
PanelBilly
Bump to the top so more folks will see this and the order minimum will be reached

For the record, I'm in for one, but I'd prefer to not pay the extra for the powdercoat if that doesn't screw up the order
Mark Henry
Dang....but I've already made my own tin using my buds /6 tin as a template or I would have been in on this.
Good deal.
hwgunner
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 29 2010, 07:30 AM) *

Bump to the top so more folks will see this and the order minimum will be reached

For the record, I'm in for one, but I'd prefer to not pay the extra for the powdercoat if that doesn't screw up the order

Need ten orders for tin, the powder coating will just be an extra. beerchug.gif
Scott S
Sorry - I am going to have to pass. My engine compartment would just be too dark - and based on mocking things up last night, painting the tins another color is a bit to much Miami Vice for me.

Thanks a million for the offer. That is such a great deal!!
beerchug.gif
hwgunner
Still at 6 and 1 maybe. Couple more and i can order and start collecting $$. beerchug.gif
DEC
I'm in for one set
DEC
icon_bump.gif
hwgunner
one more person in and i will buy the last 2 and we will get this done. beerchug.gif
patssle
I'll let you know tomorrow or Thursday if my 'maybe' becomes a yes or no.
hwgunner
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 2 2010, 05:54 PM) *

I'll let you know tomorrow or Thursday if my 'maybe' becomes a yes or no.

Great!

patssle
I'm in!

And as JmuRiz mentioned, would love to hear about an oil tank group buy too!
hwgunner
OK, we have enough people to go ahead with this Group Buy. I am now going to PM everyone with instructions for payment. beerchug.gif Please also note that just because we have enough people to do the buy does not mean that we are closed for orders. If anyone else wants a set just let me know and i will ad you to the list. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
hwgunner
all PM's have been sent to interested parties beerchug.gif
carr914
Anyway I can be kinda part of this - I only need one of the pieces - the long one.

T.C.
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:18 PM) *

Anyway I can be kinda part of this - I only need one of the pieces - the long one.

T.C.

T.C. - I have some extra pieces of oem sheetmetal. Show me a pic of what you need. Mark
hwgunner
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 5 2010, 05:18 PM) *

T.C.

Yes you can. I already spoke to jim and he told me you needed the long piece. I am just waiting to hear what the cost is. I will PM you know Monday or Tuesday. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
OK, everyone is paid and we are just waiting for the tin. May have by Friday but for sure Monday. Will ship the plain tin Monday and and deliver the other to the powder coater. Those should be done Friday following and ship by the next Monday. beer3.gif
JmuRiz
Sweet! Super turnaround thus far on this GB....onto the DWDesign oil tanks haha.
ONTHEGRIND
Any room for another one ? pm me if so thank you..
hwgunner
OK, still a few sets available on these if any one is interested.

Update: The tin came in yesterday evening. Couple days late but it is here. The orders that were placed for raw tin were shipped today as well as an order for just the long piece. The rest of the tin went to the powder coater today and should be back late next week for shipment by next Friday. I will keep you posted if anything changes. beerchug.gif
MDG
My powder coated tins arrived today. They look fantastic - thanks for this, Jonathan!

m.
hwgunner
All tin has been shipped and everyone should be getting theirs shortly. Still have a set left if anyone is interested. beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
Wow, look forward to getting it...just got a muffler yesterday and carbs the week before...ordering headers today.

Looks like I just have the oil system and mount to go (along with other bits I'm forgetting).
patssle
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 30 2010, 09:52 AM) *

Wow, look forward to getting it...just got a muffler yesterday and carbs the week before...ordering headers today.

Looks like I just have the oil system and mount to go (along with other bits I'm forgetting).

Flywheel/adapter plate/clutch?

What muffler did you go with?

I just ordered my headers yesterday from MSDS! I won't do my conversion until next year, so will wait and see what happens with the oil tank group buy.
JmuRiz
Yeah, I'm waiting on that oil-tank group buy too..really want that PMS one.

I just got an el-cheepo Bursch for the muffler...$65 trumps $725 for an M&K any day.

Yeah, I'll have to see what I need for clutch etc...mine's a 2.7 so I'll talk with the experts on what's needed.
patssle
Where did you get a Bursch muffler for $65? Used? I'm thinking of going Bursch, then re-painting it or powdercoating myself.
SLITS
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 30 2010, 01:38 PM) *

Yeah, I'm waiting on that oil-tank group buy too..really want that PMS one.

I just got an el-cheepo Bursch for the muffler...$65 trumps $725 for an M&K any day.

Yeah, I'll have to see what I need for clutch etc...mine's a 2.7 so I'll talk with the experts on what's needed.

For a 2.7 .... early 901 6 bolt flywheel and standard 2.0L 4 cylinder clutch disk & pressure plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.