Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stroms to the north, storms to the south
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Man, what an evening! Tornado's 5 miles north and 5 miles south of me tonight. Went to get some din at a local BBQ joint tonight. Sky was clear, wind was calm, but storms were in the forecast. 10 minutes later I left with my order. Temp had dropped 10 degrees, sky turned dark, wind picked up, rain started. I made it quickly to the safety of the shop, got the car put up, and here came the hail. It was only quarter sized at my place, but softball's were falling out of the sky a few miles away. Lot's of tornado's, 90 mph winds, torrential rains. Tornado warnings sre still out a few miles east of here.

Am I glad I made it home? smilie_pokal.gif
Joseph Mills
Curt,

It's that time of the year again isn't it! In total contrast 100 miles south, it is nice and quiet here. Starry sky, rustling breeze. Considering whether or not to take a spin. You're on the southern tip of a big storm cell. Be glad you're not in Kansas. wacko.gif

Anyway, glad you made it home in time!

Come to think of it, you deserve a toast!

beer.gif

And one good toast deserves another!

beer.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I've always been gald I'm not in Kansas laugh.gif (no offense Kansas guys).
seanery
we had a couple tornados touch down here this evening as well.
cnavarro
Tornado sirens went off right at dusk while I was doing some work in the office. Seconds later it looked like a fire hydrant exploded outside the office door. I had never seen such a torrential downpour before...

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
markb
This is when I have to chime in with "I'm glad to be in California!" I don't mind if the ground moves around a little, I just don't like it when it decides it doesn't want to stay ON the ground any more.
SpecialK
They're heerree!...Big ass storms about twenty miles to the west (the ones that started the thread in the first place)....and at 400 miles in 7 hours they're making pretty good time!!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 20 2004, 06:59 PM)
"I'm glad to be in California!" I don't mind if the ground moves around a little, I just don't like it when it decides it doesn't want to stay ON the ground any more.

tornados are dangerous, but at least they are predictable. earthquakes? too catastrophic for me. and california is pretty scenic, if you can forget about the other 100 million people enjoying the scenery with you. biggrin.gif

Stay Safe Midwesterners! beerchug.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 20 2004, 07:43 PM)
Man, what an evening! Tornado's 5 miles north and 5 miles south of me tonight.

Curt,

Well, I got mine today! We just had a hell of a "tornadic storm cell" blow thru. High winds, pounding rain with lightning, numerous twisters (not touching down)... you know, the usual. ph34r.gif

The weatherman was telling everyone to move to your "safe place". I was running behind on a jewelry shoot and the client and I just sorta looked at each other, shrugged and ignored it. Then the storm sirens started going off. I thought, damn, I hope we don't lose our electricity (camera tethered to laptop)! Then the big hail started coming down. My first thought was, hey this is getting serious - where is the 914 parked? laugh.gif

Looks like we're in for a few more days of this. And it looks like it's worse for our neighbors to the north.

I just hope it's all gone before sunday's autocross. I got some 250# springs and brand spankin' new Kumhos to break in! driving.gif

Trying to keep my priorities straight. wacko.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Damn, it's on again! the sirens are going off right now. I'm signing off and turning the computer off. Later Guy.s
Katmanken
Had a designer move from Milpitas to our division at Cincy.

Bought himself a BIG HOUSE for the price of a Cali crackerbox. ohmy.gif

Was so happy with it he brought his inlaws out for a visit to try to get them to move here. biggrin.gif

Then we had a tornado go tearing through town and it passed across the top of his roof, moved his canoe 30-40 ft. - and took the top off one of his trees. sad.gif

He packed up and moved back to the land o' quakes laugh.gif

No more tornados for him!

Ken
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 21 2004, 05:40 PM)
Damn, it's on again! the sirens are going off right now. I'm signing off and turning the computer off. Later Guy.s

pussy!
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.