Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Black22
I will putting my glass back in about 2 weeks from now. cheer.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif I read a thread about a guy in the OC, CA. area named Rufino from RJ Glass. He seemed to be the guy I want for the job. The thread was from 2008 if IIRC. Anyone know if he's still around? confused24.gif I need the front and rear glass installed. The front will be with the Mikey914 rubber surround. If he's not around, any suggestions in the LA / Hollywood area for house calls? popcorn[1].gif
monkeyboy
I have a guy coming over tomorrow to do mine. If he does a good job, I'll send you his info.
Black22
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Oct 27 2010, 09:01 AM) *

I have a guy coming over tomorrow to do mine. If he does a good job, I'll send you his info.

Thank you. Are you doing the chrome or rubber border? I appreciate the response monkeyboy...hope yours turns out the way you want it.
monkeyboy
Chrome. I have all the stock pieces and clips.

I am hoping I don't have to clip it in right away so I can polish it up a little better, but we will see.
jim_hoyland
He's still around. Call 714-292-5811. He usually will come to your site. He's done my 914 4 or 5 times oer the 20+ years and really knows the in/outs of the 914
Black22
Thanks Jim. It good to know he's familiar with our cars and the stock or alternative install styles. Everyone that used him seemed very happy with his work. I hope he can come up my way. I may have to pay him extra, but it'll be worth it for his experience.
monkeyboy
My guy came by yesterday and did a nice job.

If you want his number, I will give it to you.
Black22
Sure, I'll take his number just in case Rupino can't get this far North. Glad you're happy with the install!
andys
QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 29 2010, 08:22 AM) *

Sure, I'll take his number just in case Rupino can't get this far North. Glad you're happy with the install!

Though he's yet to do mine, he had no issue with comming out to Santa Clarita from OC. Rufino sounds like a good guy over the phone.

Andys
jim_hoyland
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=91864&hl=

Eric had Rufino do his windshield and documented his work in the above thread.
monkeyboy
Certified Auto Glass did mine.

714 394-9069. His name is Dennis.

7TPorsh
i called Ruffino last year and he didn't want to come up to LA because gas was $3.50 a gallon; probably the same now.

He did refer a friend of his in the pasadena area who came out and did mine. He first came out and looked at the car then cams back a day later with a buddy and the two put the glass in. i used the rubber seal not the stock chrome but they could do either.

Forgot the guys name. i think it had Alpha in the name...Alpha plus or Alpha Zip Glass. Was $100 and looks great.

For sure call Ruffino first and do whatever he suggests!!
7TPorsh
maybe Alfa?

http://www.alfaautoglass.com/
gothspeed
Good info on this thread smile.gif! I will be going with the black rubber suround on the winshield too!!!! as well as black powder coat all the other silver trim sunglasses.gif
Black22
Thanks for all the info fellas. It's very appreciated. I pick up my freshly painted teener on Monday and after I redo the dash vinyl the glass goes in. I'm very excited. Haven't driven my car since April 3rd and I miss her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.