Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help needed in NYC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I need help with my new project. I need to have the engine running to specs, having some isues. please let me know if you know anyone in NYC / long island area
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 26 2010, 10:37 PM) *

I need help with my new project. I need to have the engine running to specs, having some isues. please let me know if you know anyone in NYC / long island area

Look for a member on herecalled nycchef
914itis
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 26 2010, 11:39 PM) *

Thanks
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 26 2010, 10:46 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 26 2010, 11:39 PM) *

Thanks

Might be a little busy as when I talked to him a few weeks ago he was opening a new resturant. On the plus side, he is a super guy and I hear his food is really awesome.
auerbach
Give me a call at 914.391.7171. Perhaps I can help. I just finished a 76 resto and am just getting the final adjustments done.
PeeGreen 914
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
914 shifter
what issues are you having?maybe we can help. biggrin.gif
c12croft
For 914 work. connect with Kevin Murphy.Porsche-Spoken-Here co.
West Babylon, LI
i forget number.
here's email
flatsix@aol.com
use my name if you wish; tim case.
Kevin is the best by far.
first.gif
914itis
QUOTE(914 shifter @ Oct 27 2010, 03:57 AM) *

what issues are you having?maybe we can help. biggrin.gif

I changed my oil today using 20/50 brad penn, and I changed all the gaskets for the exhaust. the exaust sounds beautiful.

My friend was helping me and I decided to take him home. After driving 5 city blocks, I heard a weird noise like the fan is touching something (squeeking). pulled over turned off the car. I try to start the car, the noise is there as the starter is spining.
Pushed the car back home, double check everything, even try to loosen the exhaust, the same thing.

The noise looks like its coming from the starter or flyweel. I removed the coil cable so the car wont start, try to start it and there was no noise. I put the cable back, the car started and the noise dissapeared. but each time i start the car i hear the noise as the starter is spinning, except when the coil is unplug.

during the oil change, I removed the round plate next to the oil plug by accident at the bottom. I put it back the same way.. is my flyweel loose or is it the starter solenoid? why would the solenoid come out as i am driving?
914itis
QUOTE(c12croft @ Oct 27 2010, 05:23 AM) *

For 914 work. connect with Kevin Murphy.Porsche-Spoken-Here co.
West Babylon, LI
i forget number.
here's email
flatsix@aol.com
use my name if you wish; tim case.
Kevin is the best by far.
first.gif

the email address is invalid, the email was returned to me
PeeGreen 914
I wish I was there to help as I think in order to really know what is going on one of us will have to be there to see and hear what you are talking about. I hope you find someone local that will come meet you.

Now, Any pics? confused24.gif
rmital
QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 26 2010, 11:37 PM) *

plenty of help on the other side of the river....getting out to Queens on the weekend is a breeze; getting home afterwards is a nightmare.

PM me if you run out of NY options.
...and yes, Richie (nychef) is out for the count. probably till after the holidays.... santa_smiley.gif
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 27 2010, 12:50 PM) *

plenty of help on the other side of the river....getting out to Queens on the weekend is a breeze; getting home afterwards is a nightmare.

...and yes, Richie (nychef) is out for the count. probably till after the holidays.... santa_smiley.gif

Noise is definitely coming from starter/flywheel can't locate a starter yet. What are the possibility of a bad flywheel? What else can go bad in that area? Car idles fine and and moves back and forth in driveway without the noise in driveway..
tod914
Avoid Rennwerks in White Plains.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
racer chris and ed are just around the corner in Connecticut!

QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 26 2010, 08:37 PM) *

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 27 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Noise is definitely coming from starter/flywheel can't locate a starter yet. What are the possibility of a bad flywheel? What else can go bad in that area? Car idles fine and and moves back and forth in driveway without the noise in driveway..

Again, it is very hard to diagnose without being there to see/ hear it. You may have stripped the teeth off the flywheel or the starter may not be disengaging all the way.
914itis
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 27 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Again, it is very hard to diagnose without being there to see/ hear it. You may have stripped the teeth off the flywheel or the starter may not be disengaging all the way.

ok All thank you so much, the scary part is over. It was the Starter.

everything is fine, but it does not start here. I think that I need carb adjustment. It runs fine but it looks like its running on a bad gas. or on 3 cyl. I still need an expert to help me set this up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.