Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check 2.0 heads new work -cores
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've got a set of 2.0 heads that have some cracks around the spark plug areas, couldn't see them until I got it all cleaned up. These have the vent nipples for the smog.

I know them need some work, I had been holding on to these with the idea of rebuilding, but they've just been sitting here.

Any ideas?
SLITS
Cracks around the spark plug holes are pretty common. Just money to fix them.

Want to really know, heat them in an oven to about 400 degrees and see if you can spot cracks growing from the exhaust seats = eventual dropped seats and destruction.

When you say "vent nipples for smog", it sounds like you are talking about rocker box vents ... short tubes in the upper part of the rocker box. That would make them '73 - '74 heads.

If there were holes in the exhaust ports, it would make them '75 - '76 ... same part number, but the holes were for smog ... air injection from the smog pump.

Want a price from me? Probably not as I have bought similar for about $100 each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.