Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plumbing remote oil filter/cooler on a 2270?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I am having a 2270 built. Currently the oil galleys are tapped on the front of the case near the oil filter console location. This is where the oil will return. The plan is to run a remote oil filter and probably a front mounted oil cooler. The question is should I get oil output right off the front of the pump with a T1 pump cover or should I just plumb it out of the tapped oil galley on the front of the case? I know the T1 cover requires motor mount mods.
pcar916
There may be some answers here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=108328&hl=
jasons
icon_bump.gif
JmuRiz
Mine just has a console between the oil filter and the engine...probably the easiest way to get a connection.
jasons
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 28 2010, 06:50 AM) *

Mine just has a console between the oil filter and the engine...probably the easiest way to get a connection.

Sure that's a common way to add an external oil cooler. But since my case is apart and the galleys have been drilled and tapped, I can go right off the case and just eliminate the oil filter console. With a remote filter mount I can run a larger filter too.
ConeDodger
If you don't want to reinvent the wheel, you could use the full-flow oil pump the TypeIV Store sells. It has a cover that has two fittings for your oil lines already tapped. You do need to slightly modify the passenger side motor mount flange.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(jasons @ Oct 28 2010, 07:00 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 28 2010, 06:50 AM) *

Sure that's a common way to add an external oil cooler. But since my case is apart and the galleys have been drilled and tapped, I can go right off the case and just eliminate the oil filter console. With a remote filter mount I can run a larger filter too.

Yes, thats the best way. It is what we do on every build that gets full flow oiling.
Mark Henry
If you do a proper full flow system you need to modify the one engine mount to clear the line/fitting coming out of the pump cover.
jasons
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 28 2010, 07:20 PM) *

If you do a proper full flow system you need to modify the one engine mount to clear the line/fitting coming out of the pump cover.

Yeah, I know you were selling those or offering the service. Do you still do that?

I don't see oil pump kits in the type4store. I know they used to be there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.