Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for some help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
POScar
hey guys first post so take it easy lol. Recently acquired 76 914. I have a dual carburetor setup with the hex bar and i am having problems with the idle and the rpms hanging after stepping on the gas. I don't believe it is a problem with the hex bar or linkages but with the carburetors themselves. i am getting a rhythmic chirping and an jumpy idle. when i engage the clutch to shift the rpms will hang where they were until they are forced to come down from the shifting. I dont know a whole lot about cars let alone carburetors but i believe i have ruled out the hex bar and throttle. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks
jcambo7
QUOTE(POScar @ Oct 27 2010, 07:03 PM) *

hey guys first post so take it easy lol. Recently acquired 76 914. I have a dual carburetor setup with the hex bar and i am having problems with the idle and the rpms hanging after stepping on the gas. I don't believe it is a problem with the hex bar or linkages but with the carburetors themselves. i am getting a rhythmic chirping and an jumpy idle. when i engage the clutch to shift the rpms will hang where they were until they are forced to come down from the shifting. I dont know a whole lot about cars let alone carburetors but i believe i have ruled out the hex bar and throttle. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Maybe you're float valves in your carbs? Hopefully someone with more experience in carbs can chime in.
POScar
i took the covers off the carbs and looked down into them everything seems to be sealing well but again i dont know much of what to look for. thanks for the post and yeah i can only hope lol
Tom
If you have recently acquired this car, then you really have no idea how the tune is. So, I would see if someone local could give you a hand and adjust the valves, do a good tune up, and synch the carbs. If you still have issues then you may need some carb work. I let the carb gurus explain that as I have fuel injection on mine and don't know these carbs.
Good luck and welcome.png
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.