Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Condensor Wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1988Hawk

I ordered a condensor from PP for a 75 2.0L with FI. The issue I'm having is that once installed the section from the condensor to the distributor entry "plug" is very taunt, to the point where I am worried about damaging the connectivity.

Has anyone esle run into this?

Thanks,
Jim
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no should fit fine I am sure that you mounted the condenser under the screw for the vacuum advance. The plugs on the condensers that enter the distributor are too small these days and require some electrical tape to make them fit.

QUOTE(1988Hawk @ Oct 28 2010, 05:27 AM) *

I ordered a condensor from PP for a 75 2.0L with FI. The issue I'm having is that once installed the section from the condensor to the distributor entry "plug" is very taunt, to the point where I am worried about damaging the connectivity.

Has anyone esle run into this?

Thanks,
Jim

76-914
They didn't waste any wire there, did they? It's close. When the points need to be changed switch over to Petronix solid state (<$70) and eliminate that problem.
Cap'n Krusty
Or you could simply continue using the original Bosch condenser. I've seen maybe 5-6 condenser failures on VW/Porsche vehicles in 40 years of working on them on a daily basis. BTW, what part number did you use?

The Cap'n
realred914
Install a Pertronix and never mess with points and out of tolerance timing / dwell ever again. thats my advice
1988Hawk
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 28 2010, 09:49 AM) *

Or you could simply continue using the original Bosch condenser. I've seen maybe 5-6 condenser failures on VW/Porsche vehicles in 40 years of working on them on a daily basis. BTW, what part number did you use?

The Cap'n

Cap'n

Part number
Bosch 02054 Distributor Condenser, 1970-76 914-4 1.7L, 2.0L
#311-905-295C-M14

It is about 1/2 inch shorter vs the old one.

Thanks,
Jim
Drums66
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 28 2010, 07:29 AM) *

They didn't waste any wire there, did they? It's close. When the points need to be changed switch over to Petronix solid state (<$70) and eliminate that problem.

...Yeah, teach them a lesson....don't buy anymore?? flag.gif
bye1.gif
windforfun
My Bosche condenser wire was so long that I had to coil it up.
Cap'n Krusty
Where's your coil mounted?

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.