Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 oil filler/dipstick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All –
I think I have a 911 oil filler neck vs the 914-6 on my factory (unistalled) oil tank. If so, do I use the 911 or 914-6 dip stick?

Thanks!
Scott S cartman.gif
IronHillRestorations
The 911 and 914-6 filler necks are slightly different. The dipstick tube is indexed differently. There is a difference in 911 parts too, but I don't know part#'s and year models. The 911 breather tube on the filler neck will point upward much more than the 6'er part.

Some 911 necks can be adjusted easily, and some require a more involved mod. I don't think I've got any more modified filler necks left, but in the past I've made a new dipstick tube and then re-positioned them and brazed them, using a stock 914-6 tank and neck for reference.
Scott S
Hi Perry -
Shoot - I was afraid of that. Other than the 911 filler neck and the oil filter console, I dont have any of the tank hardware. I have been going back and forth with Rich Johnson to make sure I get everyhting I need. Guess I should add the filler to the (ever growing) list!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.