Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sd Autosport.com has a new home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
S and S Fabrication...sd autosport.com, call it what you want, i call it moving!

its official, im moving my shop. after 4 years of putting up with my landlord's shemana, IM out of there. the property i currently reside on was shut down by the city of san diego. it is a small complex of 7 buildings, each housing a different type of shop. we all got notices to vacate about 3 months ago. the buildings, it seems, were not permitted for automotive use. we all have business licences and various other documents permitting us to operate but the buildings themselves were never "permitt aproved for automotive use" if they had been, we would be grandfathered into the old building codes and be OK. since no permits were issued 30 years ago, the city desided it alll needed to be brought up to 2010 code for automotive use. ...so we all gotta go!

the good news is I found 3 times the space at half the price, my new landlord is a business man and the yard is huge.

old place: 6233 university ave SD ca 92115
new place: 7323 El Cajon blvd, la mesa CA 91941

soon, a row 914s will be seen on google earth

PeeGreen 914
Nice Sean beerchug.gif . Wish I could come help. That would be a bit of a trip but worth it to help a good teener out aktion035.gif
sean_v8_914
free pizza and beer. Ill pick you up at the air port.
PeeGreen 914
I'll check with my wife and see what she says smile.gif

Have to check the flights to be sure I can hop on one. Part of the issue with flying for free is they don't let you on the ones that they can sell out sad.gif
'73-914kid
Let me know if you need help moving Sean.
watsonrx13
Congrats Sean... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
oldschool
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 29 2010, 10:07 AM) *

free pizza and beer. Ill pick you up at the air port.

Dude that's on the way to the in-laws..right on man bye1.gif so lets get some new t-shirts going shades.gif . for the new shop aktion035.gif
sean_v8_914
I have a guy working on some new graphics. ocne we get that dialed in ill be wanting some shirts for teh inagural bbq
sean_v8_914
we will be hauling stuff till its done so volunteers will be greeted, fed and apreciated greatly.
my arms are about to fall off
'73-914kid
I may be able to get my dad's truck. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping either. I'll talk to him about it in the morning..
sean_v8_914
that woudl be great. today was pizza so tomorrow should be subs or Popeyes
sean_v8_914
Sam Adams and heineken ...
wink.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 29 2010, 11:18 PM) *

I have a guy working on some new graphics. ocne we get that dialed in ill be wanting some shirts for teh inagural bbq

lets smash.gif them out shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif Sorry I can't make it Sean. Wife said she would be okay with if for the day but I can't find the flights for coming home. All full dry.gif
flylarry
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 29 2010, 11:32 PM) *

that woudl be great. today was pizza so tomorrow should be subs or Popeyes

I'm in, where do I need to be?
sean_v8_914
yous guys are awesome. Ethan and his dad came down with a flat bed. Eddy "Mariachi" brought his F250. Luis Mr SC with his mighty toyota old school 22 RE. Herb donated his Dakota to the cause. Dan 3.6 SC showed up with the Heffenweisen.
the Ranchero does NOT like to carry engines
crazy Mike in his silver 72. Mike, ne box at a time please and no chanclas today...hows your toe?
yes, my foot hurts but the shin...ice
Travis brought his 2 neighbors and a chevy 1/2 ton
Omar is the Energizer bunny
Banyan from teh old neighborhood brought his Durango

I had an army of trucks and strong folks. how did I get to be so lucky? I am so greatful. you guys didnt even let me feed you. only 6 beers were consumed.

old place: 6233 university ave san diego 92115
new place: 7323 El Cajon blvd La Mesa 91941
sean_v8_914
Heineken, sam adams and coors light. costco fancy beers were really good
did anyone take pictures?
'73-914kid
Here's a blurry photo of the big trailer load of parts..
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Dakota donated his Herb to the cause

smoke.gif

Congrats on the new shop!
sean_v8_914
here are a few pics of teh new place. I'll try to get the lift in before the weekend. ...before teh AX on teh 7th, I hope. that thing is heavier than I remember. of course i was younger when I installed it the last time wink.gif
sean_v8_914
the lift will go wher the center Malaga red car is. the tool station will be to the right on teh wall. the room to the left will be for show car display area.

the parts washing station, fabrication, grinding, welding...dirty work will be behind the wall facing you in the above photo. I still need to cut out a doo there.
sean_v8_914
the south wall is covered with modular shelving. there is a roll up door behind the back of the photografer. the wash room also has its own roll up door
brer
looks great man! sorry i wasn't here to help.
sean_v8_914
behind the wall to the left there will be a show car display area with a 59 Morgan, a 66 Lotus Cortina race car, a pre A 356, a hilbourn blown small block sprint car and the Ghost Busters Ecto-1. might be a real 550 soon also.
sean_v8_914
left is my office. right is the engine building room. deep left is bathroom and kitchen....yes, i have a bathroom. I am sure ya'll will miss the "outhouse" from teh other place.
sean_v8_914
I think I have 6 pick-up truck loads and 2 trailer loads left to move.
yesterday i was so sore, I could barely move so i popped a fistfull of motrins and washed it down with a Monster drink, the 24 oz one.
sean_v8_914
Brer: what type of frog is in your avatar? looks like my next racecar
brer
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 3 2010, 10:54 AM) *

Brer: what type of frog is in your avatar? looks like my next racecar

Red Eyed Tree Frog.

you stealing my livery?
sean_v8_914
yup. right down to the yellow stripe down teh rib cage
brer
the stripe is yellow over blue
oldschool
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 3 2010, 10:52 AM) *

I think I have 6 pick-up truck loads and 2 trailer loads left to move.
yesterday i was so sore, I could barely move so i popped a fistfull of motrins and washed it down with a Monster drink, the 24 oz one.

Sean my friend has a materiel handling biz, he sales and custom make the big metal racks, let me know if you have a need for that stuff.
charliew
As in 1960 falcon pickup truck loads? Great work place.
KELTY360
QUOTE(charliew @ Nov 3 2010, 04:53 PM) *

As in 1960 falcon pickup truck loads? Great work place.

Looks more like a '64 or '65 to me.
sean_v8_914
sean_v8_914
framed up the door to the "dirty" room.
almost opened display area.
lift spot marked out.
sean_v8_914
some day I might get to sit in this office to the left
sean_v8_914
this is the area that leads to the display rooms
sean_v8_914
rear roll up and shelves
mepstein
Congrats. I'll be in San Diego next spring. Hope to visit and say hi. Mark Epstein
brer
You hire a maid yet? biggrin.gif
Twise
You gonna be around this weekend, or maybe Friday night - I can lend a hand, or just drink some beer and catch-up...?
sean_v8_914
I would like that. stop by today/tonight. we are racing on sunday so we need to prep the 10jreen tonight/tomorrow also.
you run a tight shop. I wouldnt mind hearign what you have to say about my set up down here
Twise
Sean, you gonna be around at lunch on sat? I will call you sat morning.
arkitect
Sean,
Congrats on the new shop, Like to check it out next time I'm down in San Diego. piratenanner.gif

Dave
Gint
That place looks huge Sean. Grats. I'll have to visit next time we're in SD. Which can never be soon enough.
sean_v8_914
lift moving co flaked so i'll just move it myself.
sean_v8_914
with the lift still in place, I desided to cancel my AX participation. Travis and Omar moved the lift so that I could go race.

I AM DONE MOVING OUT!!!!!!

S and S Fabrication in now at 7323 El cajon Blvd La Mesa Ca

I could not have pulled this off without the help and generosity of 914 world members. thank you.

Next we will be doing a grand opening party-car show-pig roast...yes, the whole pig on a spit, slow roasted all day puerto Rican style.
'73-914kid
Can't wait Sean! I'm glad to hear everything is moved.

And thanks again for instructing me on Sunday.. You showed me a whole 'nother side to my car biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.