Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brand new rear GT spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This is a great new item, we got tired of the old ill fitting mold from Mitcom. Here are some pictures see the particulars in the member vendor section:Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Hey George,

Does this spoiler have PORSCHE lettering across the rear?
Thx for a reply...

Ken
BigDBass
Nice item. I just wish rear spoilers didn't look so ugly on 914s! biggrin.gif
LotusJoe
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 29 2010, 10:43 AM) *

This is a great new item, we got tired of the old ill fitting mold from Mitcom. Here are some pictures see the particulars in the member vendor section:

I really like the new spoiler. Would Auto Atlanta like to donate one of the old ill fitting ones to my 24 hours of LeMons car?

Click to view attachment

dr914@autoatlanta.com
We probably have one of those old used ones back in the five thousand square foot natural parts shed. Please come by and help yourself

QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Oct 29 2010, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 29 2010, 10:43 AM) *

This is a great new item, we got tired of the old ill fitting mold from Mitcom. Here are some pictures see the particulars in the member vendor section:

I really like the new spoiler. Would Auto Atlanta like to donate one of the old ill fitting ones to my 24 hours of LeMons car?

Click to view attachment

Bleyseng
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 29 2010, 04:48 PM) *

Nice item. I just wish rear spoilers didn't look so ugly on 914s! biggrin.gif

What! they look great!
grambo
What's the best method for attaching these? I have a friend that wants one of these for his car.

Thanks,
Graham
dr914@autoatlanta.com
screws through the rear deck lid. The spoilers are great for a 914 with rust bubbles in the rear lid! Covers them PERFECTLY. With a good deck lid, wide double faced automotive exterior trim tape will stick it nicely

QUOTE(grambo @ Oct 29 2010, 02:15 PM) *

What's the best method for attaching these? I have a friend that wants one of these for his car.

Thanks,
Graham
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hi Ken. No it is plain. I do not know what happened to the Mitcom mold with the "porsche" on it. It did not come in the many boxes when we bought their molds and inventory.

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 29 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Hey George,

Thx for a reply...

Ken

charliew
Maybe they were worried about the porsche lawyers.
codices
This one is not the old fiberglass one that would rub the paint off the fenders at each end is it? I have two of the old type sitting in my garage with no place to go.

Dave

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 30 2010, 10:04 AM) *

Hi Ken. No it is plain. I do not know what happened to the Mitcom mold with the "porsche" on it. It did not come in the many boxes when we bought their molds and inventory.

Hey George,

Thx for a reply...

Ken

campbellcj
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Oct 29 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Joe, I have one in my garage if you or a buddy would like to come pick it up in Agoura or Santa Monica. I'm too lazy to ship something that bulky and non-valuable...
Lou W
QUOTE(charliew @ Oct 30 2010, 10:00 AM) *

idea.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good point. No it is not, it slightly clears the fenders

QUOTE(codices @ Oct 30 2010, 02:35 PM) *

This one is not the old fiberglass one that would rub the paint off the fenders at each end is it? I have two of the old type sitting in my garage with no place to go.

Dave

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 30 2010, 10:04 AM) *

Hey George,

Thx for a reply...

Ken

campbellcj
QUOTE(charliew @ Oct 30 2010, 10:00 AM) *

LOL, when I bought my current 914 it had the giant P O R S C H E lettering on the spoiler, rear reflector, and rockers, PLUS the stock letters on the engine grille. Total overload especially for a NARP. Needless to say I removed all that. Now I just have the 356 wheel hub crest in the rear trunk lock position similar to some of the GT's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.