Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made it to Iraq...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
piratenanner.gif

Yup. Finally made it to Iraq. Spent a week in Indiana, one day in Kuwait and have now been here in Iraq for six days. Yee Frikken Haji...

It's actually not a bad gig. The office has AC, the car has AC, the room has AC, the dining facility has AC, the px has AC... I see a trend forming here.

Not only have I NOT seen a single 914, I haven't even seen a d*mn camel. How am I supposed to take a picture of a camel if there AREN'T any d*mn camels here? Guess I'll have to hit the san diego zoo when I get home.

Oh, and get THESE options. Since my contract won't cover the full 330 days outside of the USA for tax free purposes, I apparently have two options:

1: Just give Uncle Sam an extra $30,000

or, and I'm thinking I'll go with this one...

2: Take a 27 day vacation to australia, europe, etc. Money being no object, and spending money on myself and the GF... cheer.gif

Hey... Uncle Sam.. sheeplove.gif
azbill
What no pictures. Keep your head down and come back the same way you left with all your extremities and head in place.
Good luck.
Bill
HeloMech
Not on my computer right now. I can add a few pics.. of, well, sand... dirt... concrete... when I get to my room tonight. However, it's 9am here right now so it will be a while. lol
messix
travel!

do it while you can, and can afford it!
go to Istanbul, Greece, Cairo, Thailand, and all the other places you can dream about seeing.
TurboWalt
Robert,

Where are you, I'm at Liberty?

Walt
AndyB
Liberty is nice been there done that. However Warrior is where its at great weather not as oppresive heat. And remember nothing says Super Bowl like a nice cold near beer dry.gif
rick 918-S
That the trip, avoid the taxes! agree.gif Head on a swivel buddy.
mojorisen914
I've been to Tikrit, Kirkuk, Mosul, Q-west, Baghdad (many bases there), Al Asad, Ramadi, Baqubah, Balad, and many more
Make friends with the Brits; they have beer!
Who are you working for?
AndyB
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 30 2010, 04:46 AM) *

I've been to Tikrit, Kirkuk, Mosul, Q-west, Baghdad (many bases there), Al Asad, Ramadi, Baqubah, Balad, and many more
Who are you working for?

Yep and remember do what you know you can afford. Remember even the contractor falls under General Order one. I love my beer but I loved my paycheck more... biggrin.gif
SLITS
Have fun Robert.

Car didn't sell ... no one looked either.

jim_hoyland
bye1.gif Good to hear from you Robert ! Take care of yourself. Any pictures you can share will be appreciated.

Jim
charliew
Shucks barry could probably find a place to spend that 30k. I hope you don't need any luck but BE SAFE and ALERT
realred914
good luck, stay safe, and be sure to coat your bullets in bacon grease, and let the locals know it!

i did see a photo of a burned out VW bug over there on Tv, dam islamists blew it up at the UN building years ago, very very sad to see that loney Bug all wrecked.
snakemain
Cool. I'll be there in January, then my wife will show up in May (different bases sad.gif so I won't see her for a year).

~snake
AndyB
QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 30 2010, 08:13 AM) *

good luck, stay safe, and be sure to coat your bullets in bacon grease, and let the locals know it!

i did see a photo of a burned out VW bug over there on Tv, dam islamists blew it up at the UN building years ago, very very sad to see that loney Bug all wrecked.

realred914, are yo kidding me? Arent you the same person that sat there on another posting calling someone out for dinging a door? Wow how many faces do you have? Dude keep your opinions and comments to yourself. Study and read before you continue to make an ass of yourself.
Drums66
...Hopefully no bullet action?
stay in the fox hole...Where it is safe laugh.gif
poke.gif bye1.gif (peace)
HeloMech
I'm actually down in Tallil. Working as a contractor for an aviation company. So no going outside the wire for me. Except to fly home eventually.

Ron, no worries about the car. Worse case scenario, I actually put it back together when I get home. Wait, it didn't sell... did they pick it apart as the donor car like they tried to do last year? lol
SLITS
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Oct 31 2010, 02:52 AM) *

I'm actually down in Tallil. Working as a contractor for an aviation company. So no going outside the wire for me. Except to fly home eventually.

Ron, no worries about the car. Worse case scenario, I actually put it back together when I get home. Wait, it didn't sell... did they pick it apart as the donor car like they tried to do last year? lol

Nope ...
Brett W
Rusty is also over there. I sent him a message with a link to this thread.
realred914
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Oct 30 2010, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 30 2010, 08:13 AM) *

realred914, are yo kidding me? Arent you the same person that sat there on another posting calling someone out for dinging a door? Wow how many faces do you have? Dude keep your opinions and comments to yourself. Study and read before you continue to make an ass of yourself.

not kidding , dont go around and ding other folks doors just cuase you want to get them back for a poor parking job, that is more or less my statement.

you got a problem with freaking out muslim bad guys with pig grease? turns out that some hard core terrorist are afraid of things like pig grease that may interfer with martyrdumb. It has been used as a deterent before with good results, and failing that, it is great irony.

lighten up Mr. Army. maybe you should keep you opinion to yourself, cause your way to sensitive. you've been in the army, trained and ready to kill the enemy, and a joke about pig grease upsets your sensitive side? two faced in spades baby me says!
Rusty
I'm at JBB, but do some travelling. Will be at Taji later this week.

Helo, glad to see you doing well. Sorry we weren't able to get together at Bragg a couple of years ago. My time there was much shorter than I planned.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Oct 30 2010, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 30 2010, 04:46 AM) *

Who are you working for?

Yep and remember do what you know you can afford. Remember even the contractor falls under General Order one. I love my beer but I loved my paycheck more... biggrin.gif

Actually, some of them do not. If they are affiliated with their embassy; the alcohol will flow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.