Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painted roof
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Has anyone painted the roof on there 914? If so does someone have pics? I'm planning on getting my car painted and probably will be painting my roof solid black. Has anyone done this? Thanks

matt
jt914-6
When I had the body work done I had the body shop sand smooth the top and paint it the body color...In the pic it looks a little purple, but it is the body color...ocean blue metallic....I like the way it turned out....

Click to view attachment
carr914
Dang, I didn't realize I had done this so many times

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This one the roof was painted Black

Click to view attachment
race914

IPB Image
VaccaRabite
My roof has some painted black. Here is a picture from shortly after I painted it:
IPB Image

Zach
Kansas 914
Still a little "pebbly" in spots - but the color match is spot on.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
tribute to what Ginther should have taken to Lemans.
the 911 DNF'd
http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/29819/index.html
matteyp
zach I was thinking about doing a metallic orange with silver offset stripes similar to your green car. That helps a lot. Thanks
Michael N
Here are 4 in one shot. Kathy's Bee, The Screaming Yellow Zonker, The Bumblebee Racer, and a second yellow one.
Click to view attachment

Both of the cars in the family have the sanded and match paint. Kathy's Bee also has the original top but she prefers the glossy one. Done by the body shop at time of paint job
Click to view attachment

I've been considering adding sail panels and a black top again to my white car. The original owner, Ted Tidwell, sanded and painted the top white in 1971 as he lived in Augusta Georgia and said the summer heat on a black top and no A/C was a *itch.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.