Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kliney30
Can anyone that has been to the Hershey Swap Meet let me know what to expect? Is it mostly vendors selling new parts and / or individuals selling used parts? How's the selection? What's it all about?

Thanks!
I'm looking forward to it this weekend!!
Joe Bob
It's probably the biggest event around.....attracts people from all over. Crowds and vendor size adjust to the weather. Last year it rained.....so it may not be as big as a few years ago.

Lot's of different types of people's.... wacko.gif ranging from the 914 wackos to the whine and cheese 356 guys that have toothpicks, Q Tips and tiny wisk brooms sticking out of pocket protectors...

I was gonna go but family issues prevented it....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(kliney30 @ Apr 21 2004, 06:32 AM)
Can anyone that has been to the Hershey Swap Meet let me know what to expect? Is it mostly vendors selling new parts and / or individuals selling used parts? How's the selection? What's it all about?

it's about the biggest thing 'round here.

last year it was horribly rainy, and i was quite waterlogged 'cause i chased that storm system all across the country from Reno in a 26' truck...

this year attendance will be down, especially among the vintage-race crew, 'cause the RennSport Reunion-(II) is this weekend too, and a lot of locals made the decision to go there. i thought about it, wanted to go, couldn't make it work... and anyway (sour grapes mode?) i saw pretty much all those cars at Laguna Seca in 1998...

there are many private parties with a garage full of stuff, there are commercial vendors with their usual commercial wares (but no food...). the rule, as with many such events, is arrive early for the best stuff, stay late for the best prices.

i'll be there (check the sig) with some take-off's from my car, pieces i decided not to use, samples of remanufactured wiring harnesses via Jeff Bowlsby, and JWest (RennShift) stuff. it looks like my ArtechnikA partner Dave McLaughlin will be unable to attend, so we won't be showing Tees for sale unless i;m surprised by a box in the next couple of days.

MANY Porsches of all flavors. last year there were --2- 914.6 GT's - FOR SALE.

i'll be there with the ArtechnikA Subie and the white transitioning-to-RS-look 911 Targa (it'd be an RS-look Targa if Getty engineering hadn't jerked me around on delivery schedules...)

The Plan is to run the AX on Sunday - i'm getting iffy on that... but the weather looks good for Saturday !
RON S.
I've been there several times.
I've always found something I've needed.For me it's a 650 mile drive,but well worth it.
I'll take a stab and say there usually was 5-700 vendors.Lots of used parts.Many from race teams,and mom & pop individuals.
I checked the area weather and so far it look like Saturday is still a good lookin day.
See ya there.
Ron
tod914
Should be an easy drive from Phili. I was there 3 years ago. They had a corral for a concours event and cars for sale. They also had a Porsche only parking area. Think you would enjoy it. There were alot of real nice cars to look at.
jfort
I'll be there for the first time.
HarveyH
I'm in Downingtown, about 1/3 of the way from Phila to Hershey; and I've gone the last five or six years, even drove driving.gif the 914 last year in the rain. Almost always found something I just had wub.gif to have. Always something to see, and you're able to meet some of the people wavey.gif you talk to on the web.
Good luck, good hunting
Harvey
cnavarro
The whole LN crowd will be there with booth and all. I'm bringing a bunch of 356 stuff, some 911 stuff (like a set of 92mm cylinders), and of course, 914 nickies. I'm also bringing a dtm for those who haven't seen one before. If someone can't find us, just call the office # -- calls are forward to my cell. Make sure to stop by and introduce yourselves!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Apr 22 2004, 03:09 PM)
...I'm bringing a bunch of 356 stuff...

...some 911 stuff (like a set of 92mm cylinders)

...I'm also bringing a dtm for those who haven't seen one before....

... If someone can't find us, just call the office #...

some day i have to talk to you about 1500N P&C's...

and you can tempt me with 2,8 cylinders ALL YOU LIKE but there's just not enough in the pile of nickles and dimes (yet) ...

dtm -- ah -- Deutche Touring Meister car ?

if you'd post your space number, you'd be easier to find...
if you'd post your number, you'd be easier to call...

i can confirm that the ArtechnikA space will have a tan patio umbrella prominently featured... c'mon by if you need some shade - looks like this year we won't need it for the rain !

i'll find you, Charles, wherever you are !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.