Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I have the fiberglass front and rear bumpers and the front has the opening for the air flow to the radiator. I think the chrome would look better and the rock chips on the fiberglas look like crap.

I was wondering if they made the front bumper with the opening in chrome as well, I wouldn't think the rear bumper would be any problem in finding.
The previous owner had the earlier style bumpers on a 75 body.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
several of us have made our own chrome gt bumpers with great results. Also Our service department makes the chrome gt bumpers for customers.

QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 31 2010, 08:12 AM) *

I have the fiberglass front and rear bumpers and the front has the opening for the air flow to the radiator. I think the chrome would look better and the rock chips on the fiberglas look like crap.

I was wondering if they made the front bumper with the opening in chrome as well, I wouldn't think the rear bumper would be any problem in finding.

partwerks
Click to view attachment

How much would something like that cost including a rear bumper?

I presume they would fit on just like the fiberglass ones I have?

Lyle

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2010, 03:04 PM) *

several of us have made our own chrome gt bumpers with great results. Also Our service department makes the chrome gt bumpers for customers.

QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 31 2010, 08:12 AM) *

siverson
I just posted this a couple days ago:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112469

-Steve
KELTY360
Your car looks so good all black. Consider getting some early painted bumpers and have them painted to match the car. Then get the clear 3M rock guard material to put over the front for chip prevention.
type47
reverse deja-vu new_shocked.gif http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...+bumper+install
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.