Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT how the heck do I put a price this 911?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
This is another car I'll be putting up for sale biggrin.gif

'71 911 targa SC clone, real super solid car, steel flares done right 7/10 on the paint. It's all good except for some minor sinking on the hood and some flaking on the F/G whaletail. Perfect mechanical condition, real meticulous builder.
Bone stock VW 1600 engine.

Story is it's my buddy's car that he built for his girls to drive to highschool. He wanted it that way... a car that looks like it can go a buck 50 but in reality a slug.
It drives fine on the highway, they had a 80 mile round trip to school. It's in perfect running condition, I've driven it and except for a serious lack of power it goes great and doesn't slow down on our hills.

I'm afraid to ask over at the bird board because they'll give me...well...the bird rolleyes.gif

What would you think it's worth????? confused24.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 31 2010, 10:44 AM) *

I'm afraid to ask over at the bird board because they'll give me...well...the bird rolleyes.gif

av-943.gif
It will still the serve purpose it was built for. I say market it to parents looking to "trick" their kids on the sweet 16 and price it like the solid 911 shell/driver that it is.
beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
At 16 I would have creamed my jeans having this car!
It's worth a bit more than a roller as it proves that it's in perfect running condition.
But how much more is the real question.....
shoguneagle
That car is still some type 1971 which is getting harder to find everyday. I believe it originally had either a 2.0 or a 2.2 ltr engine in it. If it is all original except for the engine, it should be worth something in the broad guidelines of a rolling chassis for any period plus something extra.

I think I will see if I can come up with a value via the different avail sources. Will tune back in later with any relevant information.
Eric_Shea
$4-6k As suggested, advertise it as it was intended... possibly take the MPG route.

Could always get a 6 back in it some day but, I would also bring it to the proper period at that time which would take a ton of money. Then... it's a targa, which sucks so...

Pricing based upon the fact that one could get one hell of a nice, purpose built 76 912E for a couple grand more that hasn't been totally butchered re-worked. wink.gif
shoguneagle
Mark,

I sent you an e-mail giving a background to what I found for available values and my thoughts. I included a range of what I thought in that e-mail. Remember the values can go all over the place and those are just my thoughts.

Hope it helps. Had fun doing it.

Steve Hurt
Mark Henry
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Oct 31 2010, 04:44 PM) *

Mark,

I sent you an e-mail giving a background to what I found for available values and my thoughts. I included a range of what I thought in that e-mail. Remember the values can go all over the place and those are just my thoughts.

Hope it helps. Had fun doing it.

Steve Hurt

Thanks Steve! Lots of info to digest but I have to do the trick 'r' treat gig right now so I'll have to read it tonight...that's if I dont barf for my "cut" on the junk.

Yes I make the kiddies pay "protection money" laugh.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 31 2010, 01:41 PM) *

$4-6k As suggested, advertise it as it was intended... possibly take the MPG route.

Could always get a 6 back in it some day but, I would also bring it to the proper period at that time which would take a ton of money. Then... it's a targa, which sucks so...

Pricing based upon the fact that one could get one hell of a nice, purpose built 76 912E for a couple grand more that hasn't been totally butchered re-worked. wink.gif

That's funny you say that Eric, I also have a Porsche that one of my daughters wants,
a 1975 911S that has a 2.7 that has been redone, but was sitting for a while (maybe new 914-6 ?) so I was thinking of making it a 912E the car needs paint and ....breaks
tlc....just don't' want to pay for a motor that she may drive to the ground?
Chris Hamilton
Put a hotrod 2332 in it and drive away from 2.7s like they are stopped biggrin.gif
Krieger
Thats NARP!! av-943.gif av-943.gif I love it Its out NARPed a 914. It's like sweet revenge. That poor little 1600 lol-2.gif
Sorry...Thank you for posting this
Andyrew
That is awesome!!! I would love to get something like that for my girlfriend!!!
patssle
Kinda related to this topic, has anybody put a 914/4 or bus engine into a 911?
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 1 2010, 02:11 PM) *

Porsche did, it's called a 912E. They only made them in 1976.

It's like a type-I, but it's heavier and everything is more expensive. It's really the best of both worlds.
oldschool
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Nov 1 2010, 02:20 PM) *

It's like a type-I, but it's heavier and everything is more expensive. It's really the best of both worlds.

agree.gif the best of both world
Chris Hamilton
Here is a video of MY 911 ( 912 actually ) with a type-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHTHIJNtxA
patssle
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Nov 1 2010, 01:20 PM) *

Interesting, not too many were made.

Ok, has anybody installed a /4 into a 911 themselves? Any write-ups or threads on that?
oldschool
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 1 2010, 02:58 PM) *

Ok, has anybody installed a /4 into a 911 themselves? Any write-ups or threads on that?

I had a 1968 and my family had 1976.....love that car.
Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 1 2010, 05:58 PM) *

With a 901 trans 911 using a 914 flywheel it would be a bolt in (except for the the 901's with a later pull clutch) but you would have to figure out the tin surround and hook ups.
IronHillRestorations
Is it a US or Euro spec car? Any accident or rust damage? I'm interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.