Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: please help me with this "Validated Registration Card"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I have this b/w copy of a "Validated Registration Card" and would like to know what's all the information on it.
I marked some things in question with red rectangles.

Why is this a limited registration (09/22/2001 to 09/22/2002)?
I thought once a car is registered, it's valid till I sell or "unregister" it idea.gif

What is the "Date Issued" ??
And why is this date about 7 weeks earlier that the periode of registration?

What is the number -6666 behind the ZIP code?

What are these numbers / codes at the Lienholder's area?

What else could I learn from this document?

Als914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 10:56 AM) *

I have this b/w copy of a "Validated Registration Card" and would like to know what's all the information on it.

I thought once a car is registered, it's valid till I sell or "unregister" it idea.gif

The document pictured is an annual state registration that is to be in the vihicle at all times. What you are refering to is the Certificate of Title or Pink Slip that show legal ownership. The Certificate of Title is what is used to tranfer ownership at time of sale.
tradisrad
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 10:56 AM) *

I thought once a car is registered, it's valid till I sell or "unregister" it idea.gif One year vehicle registration in California. We pay every year and they want to add more fees to it. Money maker for the state

And why is this date about 7 weeks earlier that the periode of registration? Date issued is the date that the DMV issued the registration to the new owner. The later date is likely the date of the original registration.

What is the number -6666 behind the ZIP code? it is addition information and does not mean much of anything to us, it helps the USPS

What are these numbers / codes at the Lienholder's area? I dont know

What else could I learn from this document? Not much.

This document is not a title and only the registration card. I am close to Hillsborough and possibly I could check it out for you
Gustl
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 31 2010, 07:18 PM) *

And why is this date about 7 weeks earlier that the periode of registration? Date issued is the date that the DMV issued the registration to the new owner. The later date is likely the date of the original registration.

did I get this right: this date indicates that the "Registered Owner" bought the car (close to it)?

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 31 2010, 07:18 PM) *

I am close to Hillsborough and possibly I could check it out for you

thanks - not really nescessary
I just try to track down the history of the car
and this document seems to show the date of a sale/purchase (Date issued)
Sleepin
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 11:56 AM) *

This is a registration slip to determine that State taxes and fees have been paid by the registered owner for that year. (Last date registered usually points to the last year operated.)

Date issued is usually the date that the Motor Vehicle Department printed and mailed the registration card after receiving payment.

I am not sure about the leinholders area.

As far as the -6666 it is an extended ZIP+4 code, introduced in the 1980s, includes the five digits of the ZIP code, a hyphen, and four more digits that determine a more precise location than the ZIP code alone. (from wiki.... essentially a narrowing down of location, closer than just city.)

Aside from that...you could learn that you need to check the car thoroughly for IED's ...but that is just my profiling side coming out. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 11:46 AM) *

did I get this right: this date indicates that the "Registered Owner" bought the car (close to it)?

Maybe, maybe not.

When you first register a car, that date becomes your yearly registration date. In case of my 914, the first time i registered it in CA was in Feb. 2000. So now every year i need to pay my registration by the end of Jan. to get a new sticker.
In fact, my license plate has two stickers, one for the year (as in your picture) and one for the month (FEB).

The difference in dates on your document means that the owner paid registration on 08/07/2001 (note that dates are different in the US, mm/dd/yyyy), so that's August 2001. The registration period is from September 2001 to September 2002.

The extra numbers on the zip code is some sort of routing number that is only used by the post office. If you know that number for your address, you can use it, but it's not needed when sending mail.

popcorn[1].gif
realred914
lol-2.gif cheer.gif confused24.gif headbang.gif driving.gif welder.gif av-943.gif hissyfit.gif bye1.gif smoke.gif type.gif stirthepot.gif slap.gif beer.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif headbang.gif smash.gif hissyfit.gif ar15.gif icon8.gif shades.gif screwy.gif smash.gif popcorn[1].gif sawzall-smiley.gif That there be a real six????? coolness, what you doing, buying it???
have fun icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif driving-girl.gif confused24.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif chair.gif driving.gif drooley.gif first.gif flag.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(realred914 @ Oct 31 2010, 09:14 PM) *

lol-2.gif cheer.gif confused24.gif headbang.gif driving.gif welder.gif av-943.gif hissyfit.gif bye1.gif smoke.gif type.gif stirthepot.gif slap.gif beer.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif headbang.gif smash.gif hissyfit.gif ar15.gif icon8.gif shades.gif screwy.gif smash.gif popcorn[1].gif sawzall-smiley.gif That there be a real six????? coolness, what you doing, buying it???
have fun icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif driving-girl.gif confused24.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif chair.gif driving.gif drooley.gif first.gif flag.gif

should I understand this post? blink.gif
tradisrad
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 02:41 PM) *

NO.

The fact that the "date first sold" is 00/00/1971 may indicate that it was not registered for a period of time (or possible never in CA) and the original date or transfer date are unknown
Gustl
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 1 2010, 04:43 AM) *

The fact that the "date first sold" is 00/00/1971 may indicate that it was not registered for a period of time (or possible never in CA) and the original date or transfer date are unknown

I am also wondering about this ... because the maintenance record and the temporary identification both show the date 05/28/1971 (with 8 miles on the odometer).
Sold via Dealer No. 426–A08:
Martin-Johnson Porsche Audi
290 27th Street
Oakland, CA 94612

It also shows the first registered license plate is the same than it still has (CA blue plate).

realred914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 02:41 PM) *

VIN number makes it a real six car does it not? four cylinders cars start with the number 4 followed by year model number, (ie 70, 71, 72 etc...) sixes start with 914 So I recall. so is it a real six or not? maybe I am mistaken? santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif av-943.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
jeffdon
Sorta off topic, sorta related, but after years of not having my car registered and off the street, but without filing a non-op, the DMV said they had to run my paperwork thought sacramento to approve the use of my original blue plates. Its been almost 90 days, and they have my title, application, etc. I cannot even find a number to call in sac to inquire about status. Anyone have a clue as to how I can make an inquiry?
Gustl
QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 1 2010, 03:35 PM) *

VIN number makes it a real six car does it not? four cylinders cars start with the number 4 followed by year model number, (ie 70, 71, 72 etc...) sixes start with 914 So I recall. so is it a real six or not? maybe I am mistaken? santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif av-943.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

you're correct with with the meaning of the numbers

I was mostly wondering about all these smileys idea.gif

realred914
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Nov 1 2010, 10:57 AM) *

Sorta off topic, sorta related, but after years of not having my car registered and off the street, but without filing a non-op, the DMV said they had to run my paperwork thought sacramento to approve the use of my original blue plates. Its been almost 90 days, and they have my title, application, etc. I cannot even find a number to call in sac to inquire about status. Anyone have a clue as to how I can make an inquiry?

had a simular problem, they wanted like $500 in back fees cuase they failed to non-op my car for three years. only way to work it out was thru the main office and they were very very helpful first.gif (unlike the field office help headbang.gif )

I dont have the number handy but how I found it is I called Sacramento Information and asked for the number of the Office of the Director of the DMV.
the Director was out, so I talked to the Deputy Director piratenanner.gif , no probelm I was transfered to a very helpful person that works in the directors office (a senior level staff member) i explained the situation, she coudl pull up everything on the main computer and she took care of it no probelm cut all the red tape and she even at her own suggestion found a way to refund the last full year of registration that i had paid (three years ago) but I never used. talk about good service. If you need to send her documents, no problem, she has a fax too. thats the way to go! driving.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif

so give directory information a try and ask for the office of the directors number, that will gett some good help for you, area code for sacramento is 916 by the way. flag.gif sawzall-smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif ar15.gif lol-2.gif aktion035.gif popcorn[1].gif screwy.gif smash.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif icon_bump.gif

realred914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 1 2010, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 1 2010, 03:35 PM) *

you're correct with with the meaning of the numbers

I was mostly wondering about all these smileys idea.gif

just happy, thats all popcorn[1].gif rolleyes.gif av-943.gif aktion035.gif lol-2.gif driving.gif driving.gif cheer.gif flag.gif sawzall-smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif
SLITS

I waited from April 28th till October 28th before my approval came through. Local DMV can give you the Sackopotatoes number to call,
Tom_T
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2010, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 1 2010, 04:43 AM) *

I am also wondering about this ... because the maintenance record and the temporary identification both show the date 05/28/1971 (with 8 miles on the odometer).
Sold via Dealer No. 426–A08:
Martin-Johnson Porsche Audi
290 27th Street
Oakland, CA 94612

It also shows the first registered license plate is the same than it still has (CA blue plate).

Wolfgang - the dates in 2001 plus the 00/00/1971 first sold date may indicate it was in storage in PNO (planned non-operation) for awhile, &/or that the PNO wasn't renewed for a time while in storage as someone above noted (Cal DMV is notorious for "forgetting" to send out PNO renewals & then saying that you're at fault).

My last active 87 Reg Card says first sold date 11/9/72, & yours should be somewhere around the 5/28/71 date you noted above.

I had posted a topic on getting registrations & old blue plates, where one of the links on there was a DMV Information Request form, with which you could request DMV to research their microfilm/computer archives for prior owners of your "new" 914-6 - for a fee of course - & it will only be "cashed" if they have the records still (if not continuously registered in any of the 50 states for 5 or 7 years (don't recall which now), then they destroy the old records.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif & enjoy driving.gif
Gustl
Thanks Tom, I'll give it a try aktion035.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:26 PM) *

had a simular problem, they wanted like $500 in back fees cuase they failed to non-op my car for three years. only way to work it out was thru the main office and they were very very helpful first.gif (unlike the field office help headbang.gif )

I dont have the number handy but how I found it is I called Sacramento Information and asked for the number of the Office of the Director of the DMV.
the Director was out, so I talked to the Deputy Director piratenanner.gif , no probelm I was transfered to a very helpful person that works in the directors office (a senior level staff member) i explained the situation, she coudl pull up everything on the main computer and she took care of it no probelm cut all the red tape and she even at her own suggestion found a way to refund the last full year of registration that i had paid (three years ago) but I never used. talk about good service. If you need to send her documents, no problem, she has a fax too. thats the way to go! driving.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif

so give directory information a try and ask for the office of the directors number, that will gett some good help for you, area code for sacramento is 916 by the way. flag.gif sawzall-smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif ar15.gif lol-2.gif aktion035.gif popcorn[1].gif screwy.gif smash.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif icon_bump.gif

I bet they fired the person the next day for making the others look bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.