Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First beautiful day for days, time for a drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
It's been raining a lot lately. I just finally was able to swap out my broken alt belt yesterday. Start the car, warm up my grumbly V8. Take off. Around the corner, I push in the clutch and felt...SNAP!... Cable? I got another... Nope... Kenedy pressure plate broken. The clutch pedal still works. I can get into gear. I can shift. The clutch is slipping bad! In fact, I can now stop with tha car in first gear and engine running. It was working great yesterday on my soggy test drive.

Now I have to get my othe parts car out of the garage and pull the tranny on this one.

For those of you needing pics, here's one from Malmz when the pressure plate was new.

Click to view attachment
McMark
Booooo! mad.gif

It is a really nice day for a drive.
ConeDodger
Double booooo!

I drove mine to work today because Eurosunday was held at the exotic car business next door. I would guess at 25 Ferrari, 40 BMW, + assorted Porsche, Bentley, Lambo and the like... Even a Super7 and a Lister. Oh, and 1 914 driving.gif Me!

QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 31 2010, 12:10 PM) *

Booooo! mad.gif

It is a really nice day for a drive.
EdwardBlume
hissyfit.gif

At least you know what the street looks like from a 914... I can't remember back that far...
underthetire
Mine left me stranded saturday night ! I left it uncovered for two weeks while I was gone, lost power at the relay board. A jumper wire to the battery and I was able to get it home, but these things sure don't like water !

all fixed now, and even re-coated my relay board with plasti-dip.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 1 2010, 09:32 AM) *

Mine left me stranded saturday night ! I left it uncovered for two weeks while I was gone, lost power at the relay board. A jumper wire to the battery and I was able to get it home, but these things sure don't like water !

all fixed now, and even re-coated my relay board with plasti-dip.

I had to go to Texas last year. I left the car in the driveway. It rained in Cali and my cylinders filed up. Instant hydraulic lock. Pulled the plugs, a few cranks, new plugs, good to go but a PITA.
euro911
Booo on the broken pressure plate dry.gif

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 1 2010, 09:32 AM) *
... and even re-coated my relay board with plasti-dip.
idea.gif Hmmm ...
Are you talking about the top or the bottom of the relay board?
If you did the bottom, did you remove all the old potting material and pour in the plasti-dip, or just coat over the old stuff?
aircooledboy
Bummer about the clutch Mike. It seems like if it isn't one thing, it will be another with these damn cars. It almost like they're nearly 40 years old or something. shades.gif (Yes. I know his clutch isn't really 35+ years old)

HIJACK ALERT: Interesting crossover pipe in that 1st pic. I've been imagining a simple set up like that for years, but I've never seen anybody do it, so I wondered if there was a reason. Mind sharing how you did it and whether you are happy with the result?
Andyrew
sad.gif

Kennedy has cheap stuff though... Got a new PP and clutch and T/O bearing for mine when I had the same problem ~ 5 years ago.. IIRC is was in the $300 range.
computers4kids
Here's my crossover pipe system...it reallied mellowed the car.
IPB Image
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 1 2010, 06:35 PM) *

Bummer about the clutch Mike. It seems like if it isn't one thing, it will be another with these damn cars. It almost like they're nearly 40 years old or something. shades.gif (Yes. I know his clutch isn't really 35+ years old)

HIJACK ALERT: Interesting crossover pipe in that 1st pic. I've been imagining a simple set up like that for years, but I've never seen anybody do it, so I wondered if there was a reason. Mind sharing how you did it and whether you are happy with the result?

The exhaust in an early prototype from Renegade. Malmz got it from them when he first did the install. It's now on Matthepcat's car with different mufflers. A crossover tube helps low and midrange power. Niether of which is needed in a 914. When I gave Matt this setup, I installed glass packs with Monza tips. WOW! The free flowing pipes really woke this car up! It's LOUD now, really loud at 2200rpm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.