type47
Last DE event of the season
MikeSpraggi
Click to view attachment
Fred
Click to view attachment
type47
Click to view attachment
Looking for other teeners to come out and play!
Rleog
Nice! What size are the Fuchs on the rear of #59?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Rleog @ Nov 1 2010, 09:24 AM) *

Nice! What size are the Fuchs on the rear of #59?

Looks like 7x15 since the tires are cantilevered slicks.
carr914
Looks like 15x8 to me
JmuRiz
Good pics, how'd the 914s run?
MikeSpraggi
Jim, great seeing you at the event. You were looking good out there. You car seems to be set up nicely. Maybe we can get Zach and some others out there to carry the teener banner. The carousel at Summit was made for 914s biggrin.gif. See you next season!
brant
what is the history on the orange #80 car?

I used to race against one that looked very similar
used to be owned by a guy named David or Dan? in Kansas
it was a pretty fast car back when..

any chance its the same car?

brant
type47
As much as I know about the car, it's been on East Coast all it's life. Sold at Heishmann's in Arlington, VA, lived in MD and PA. I bought it after seeing it at a PCA club race at Summit Point Motorsports Park in '04.
brant
Jim,

my bad then..
sorry, just looked like a car I club raced against back in 2002-ish out in colorado
brant
type47
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 1 2010, 09:26 AM) *

Mine ran well! Drove up to track, drove 3 sessions, drove to hotel, drove to track, 3 sessions, drove home is enough to say the trip was a success. Weather was the BEST, even a little nippy but no rain! Made the mistake of wondering aloud what lap times I was doing because at the club race, there was a 914 race car (the red one saved from the crusher) with a 2.0 with carbs and since the race laps are timed, I knew his lap time of 1:33. It's tough being in a class where you drive with Cayman's and 997 turbo's, BUT THIS IS A GREEN GROUP!
There were about 6 green students with 997TT's Cayman S's, late model Carerras, Boxsters; those things can just fly by! Modern day cars are a completely different breed. I counted 8-9 911 SC's which I thought was neat. Many mega-buck rigs. There was a skid-pad where they demo'd understeer and oversteer. Lots of time between runs, in fact, I had to warm the car up before the sessions. (total of 6-30 min sessions).
type47
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 1 2010, 11:51 AM) *

sorry, just looked like a car I club raced against back in 2002-ish out in colorado

Could be the same car. The previous owner raced it alot 2002-03 all over the Eastern 2/3 of US. His first name is BOB. I have the log book, I'll look for the names of the tracks.
MikeSpraggi
The orange #59 914 belongs to Fred Pfeiffer from Cumberland, Maryland. I have seen this car and Bill Smith's yellow 914 at Potomac DE events for at least the last 3 years, if not before. Fred's teener is a 3.2L FI six, I believe the wheel are 15" Fuchs, not sure of the widths and 951 front calipers,. When I first started DE in the green group, Fred's father was running the #59 in the group ... at +80 years in age, he was blowing the doors off of many cars in the group. Fred is now participating in some VRG (Vintage Racing Group) events, such as the Jefferson 500 at Summit Point. This is also the series I hope to eventually compete in ... errrr. run with.
bandjoey
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 1 2010, 07:21 AM) *

MikeSpraggi
Click to view attachment
Fred
Click to view attachment
type47
Click to view attachment

#59 Orange classic! Ready to Race and Jack Stands waiting! lol-2.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 1 2010, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 1 2010, 07:21 AM) *

MikeSpraggi
Click to view attachment
Fred
Click to view attachment
type47
Click to view attachment

#59 Orange classic! Ready to Race and Jack Stands waiting! lol-2.gif

Yea, he broke the transaxle at the event.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 1 2010, 10:26 AM) *

Type47's teener was running well. I was only able to time 1 lap though. The #59 car was running, though I don't think at it's best. I have never run my car as hard as I did at this event. When pushed to the limit with my stock suspension, I was rather impressed with the cars I could keep up with or pull away from in the carousel. As far as lap times, I was and am the slowest car in the Blue Group. When watching the video of the last session, I was able to close on many of the faster cars going into corners, but the real difference between my car and the other cars was plain and simply straight line acceleration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.