Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 7x17 Fuchs Replica
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Cip1 has some 7x17 Fuchs Replicas. Shows to have 5.5" back spacing. They are right at $200 each. Wonder how they would work on a narrow body? I would post a link but I am computer challenged.
r_towle
they will work but total tire width cant exceed 9 inches or so and you will most likely need some spacer or they will rub the inner fender.

Put it this way....properly centered, a 7 inch wheel with hoosiers (the fat boy of tires) will fit....but just barely..
that setup leave about a 1/4 inch on the inner fender and about the same on the outer fender.

Rich
carr914
Yes, these are 17x 7.5 & 9s, but they are Rota's that cost about $1400 a set

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...amp;mode=linear

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
I always felt that 17's never looked right on a teen, same with 14's... 15's or 16 are just right.
IMHO of course.
race914
SOT:

I put a set of Rota 17's on my 911SC (my 914 Parts Runner since it always runs : )

What a difference!

Before:
IPB Image

After!
IPB Image

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/3661501-post178.html

I always wanted to try them on a 914. Thanks for sharing how it worked out...

I think they look great.

badmiata
I've seen the Rota's on the wheel dudes site. They look nice. Is there a magic number for the difference from front to back? At what size (up front) will you hurt slow speed handling assuming you're flared front and back?
carr914
I think the Rotas only come in 2 sizes 7.5 & 9.

There are lots of debates on the Bird about the Rotas. Supposedly they are Gravity Cast, which is the cheapest way to make a wheel. Pressure-cast are much stronger, Forged even better. But nobody has reported a failure - I know a guy that does DE's on Rotas all the time - I wouldn't, but he likes them

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.