Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Digital Dashboard Volt Gauges, with multi-inputs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realred914
Looking for about a four to half dozen voltage readings to a dash gauge, (super secret project!!! ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif )would prefere to have a gauge that displays four or more readings at once (0-18 volt DC range) or fit in a gauge "can" big enough to incorporate a selector switch in order to select which volt(s) reading is displayed.

any suggestions on sources???? Most all i see on the internet is single readout volt meters . Does anyone know of a multi-readout gague or one that can have selectable inputs?
\
We want this to look good as a dash top mounted single 'can'.m(big as it may have to be) We dont want 4- to 6 individual gauges, as constant monitoring is not needed of them all use of a selctor switch is possible. ideas anyone poke.gif ???

thanks rolleyes.gif
underthetire
Omega has them, but pretty$$, for a cheap solution, buy 4 meters from H/F at about 2.99 each and sawzall-smiley.gif them up to fit where you need them. All you would need then is a 5 volt power regulator from radio shack for about 2 bucks. ( unless you want battery powered)
76-914
Here you go. But don't stay in the "candy store" too long. It gets expensive. sad.gif
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/tlvoltamp.php
Mike Bellis
How about an LCD display. Then you can make it say anything? If the "Brain" is too big for a 2 inch housing, make it remote.
banger
Pretty easy to do as a custom gauge, just depends how much you are looking to spend.
skipnsb
Search digikey.com
"Martel Electronics" has a thin 2 wire voltmeter, about .8 inch by 1.5 inch x .5 inch
and plenty of miniature rotary switches to vary inputs. I used a "Grayhill" brand.
I only used 4 poles I think it had 10.

Regards, Skip
bfrymire
QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 2 2010, 12:51 PM) *

Looking for about a four to half dozen voltage readings to a dash gauge, (super secret project!!! ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif )would prefere to have a gauge that displays four or more readings at once (0-18 volt DC range) or fit in a gauge "can" big enough to incorporate a selector switch in order to select which volt(s) reading is displayed.

any suggestions on sources???? Most all i see on the internet is single readout volt meters . Does anyone know of a multi-readout gague or one that can have selectable inputs?
\
We want this to look good as a dash top mounted single 'can'.m(big as it may have to be) We dont want 4- to 6 individual gauges, as constant monitoring is not needed of them all use of a selctor switch is possible. ideas anyone poke.gif ???

thanks rolleyes.gif

Is this for real time readings? Or do you want to datalog? You can easily find a data logger from MCCDAQ.com, and download the logs to a PC. If you want realtime, someone mentioned doing a LCD. You could get a embedded processor, and output to the LCD. (www.sparkfun.com) Not for the novice. Will take some hardware work, and a small amount of software to tie it all together. Easy to get 8 sensors monitored that way. You could customize the display for what you want to see.

If you toted a PC around with you, you could do more with USB equipment.

Depends on needs and budget.

-- brett
charliew
Look at dakota digital or one of the other ebay all in one gauges for motorcycles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.