Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know about this 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jt914-6
Seems like a well built car and would be hard to duplicate for the price....anyone have that much pocket change??? http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/2038214250.html
PeeGreen 914
I wish drooley.gif
Mike Bellis
That's purdy wub.gif sheeplove.gif humpy.gif bananabang.gif drooley.gif piratenanner.gif
NC_Colfax
Wow that is super nice
Michael N
Wow that's worth a copy paste just so we can drool when ad is gone. WOW what a car. 415HP at 1845LB. pray.gif drooley.gif

1973 Porsche 914/6 3.8 $47,900

DESCRIPTION & VEHICLE DETAILS

Just completed by SpeedWerks NC , http://www.speedwerksllc.com Break-in/dyno time only, best of everything including: Porsche 914-6 3.8 Hewland 6 spd. Sequential ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS 3.8 liter 6 cyl, twin plugs 102 mm bore, 76.4 mm stroke Intake valve 52 mm, exhaust valve 44 mm Forged J&E race pistons 13.8 to 1 compression Custom billet race camshafts Carillo forged connecting rods Boat-tailed main journal 964 crankcase Balanced motorsports crankshaft TWM 3006 52 mm high butterfly intake system Motec M600 ECU full data and Sport Dash 65 pph Siemens fuel injectors Wevo lightweight Tilton flywheel, Tilton 5.5 inch triple clutch disc, pressure plate and hydraulic release bearing TWM fuel pressure regulator, Bosch racing fuel pumps Custom headers, Borla mufflers Dynoed at 415.29 horsepower TRANSAXLE Hewland 6 speed sequential FJR gearbox Custom gear sets, limited slip differential 9/31RP 3.44 12/35 2.93 10.03 15/34 2.22 7.77 17/31 1.82 6.27 17/26 1.53 5.26 19/25 1.31 4.52 19/22 1.16 3.98 Tilton Electric transmission pump, Seatrab cooler Custom axles and CV joints CHASSIS Fuel Safe 15 gallon fuel cell, with surge tank Fiberglass deck lid, hood, fenders Custom door handles Square tube reinforced chassis Full chrome molly competition cage, all suspension points tide-in All Aeroquip plumbing, oil and fuel Brembo brakes and rotors Tilton floor aluminum pedal set, AP master cylinders Tilton brake bias knob Custom shifter with neutral and reverse lockout Carbon seats, Simpson 6 point harnesses Momo steering wheel Motec sport dash with gear indication and speedo Tubular front suspension with all heim joints, custom trailing rear arms Turbo steering rack, custom sway bars Large B&B oil cooler with custom aluminum duct work BBS 3 piece wheels, 8&9 width Hoosier 245/45ZR16 front 275/45ZR16 rear R3S05 Treadwear 040 All Lexan custom flush windows Fire Safe suppression system Leda custom adjustable shocks, uprights 400 front springs 325 rear springs Aluminum front splitter and tray Total weight without driver 1845 Lbs OVER $ 140,000 TO BUILD

Vehicle: 1973 Porsche 914/6 3.8
Mileage: 1
Body / Trim: 914/6 3.8
Transmission: Unspecified
Exterior Color: Orange
Interior Color: Black
Stock Number: R354
VIN: 4732919370

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

RFoulds
Thats incredible!!! Great car!!!

Nice to know there are people oout there willing to throw away that much cash for absolutely no reason. $140k to build? You could have had a 997GTRS with money left over for spares and race support for a full season.

1968Cayman
QUOTE(RFoulds)
Nice to know there are people out there willing to throw away that much cash for absolutely no reason. $140k to build? You could have had a 997GTRS with money left over for spares and race support for a full season.

+1
thelogo
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Nov 3 2010, 09:43 AM) *

Nice to know there are people oout there willing to throw away that much cash for absolutely no reason. $140k to build? You could have had a 997GTRS with money left over for spares and race support for a full season.

O So which car would be faster around the nurinburgring ?

And is this a example of how great a platform these 914's are ? yeh sawzall-smiley.gif

! aktion035.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Nov 3 2010, 09:43 AM) *

And is this a example of how great a platform these 914's are ? yeh sawzall-smiley.gif

! aktion035.gif
KELTY360
Bet the gas mileage sucks........ shades.gif

drooley.gif
RFoulds

I'm not driving around the ring, and I doubt the future owner of this car will either. Guy's build these toys more as an ego trip. IMHO, the smarter ones, buy a track proven car that has already competed in the series at the level you want. Every year, at the close of the series, half the guys sell their cars to get a slightly better one. All you want to do is be a couple of years behind a really good racer. Buy his car after he puts it on the podium a few times.

I learned the hard way too. I spent $35,000 to build a spec racer that I could have bought for $20,000, then I sold it for $18,000.

So the next racer I bought was just finishing the season, Engine rebuilt and refreshed I bought it for half of what it would have cost to build. And I had more fun with that car because I knew it was a race winner.
Elliot Cannon
I noticed some collars bolted to the inner cv joints. Is that incase the cv fails and the axle doesn't flop around causing lots of damage?
Cheers, Elliot
bandjoey
I saw this car last summer at a PCA swapmeet at the shop. Full blown racer fast looking sitting still. Clay was there too. Don't know if he knows the car or owner. He might add some info.
RFoulds
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 3 2010, 12:30 PM) *

I noticed some collars bolted to the inner cv joints. Is that incase the cv fails and the axle doesn't flop around causing lots of damage?
Cheers, Elliot

I didn't see them in the pic, but yes, thats what an axle collar is supposed to do. CV failure contained, wheel stays "relatively on". Same as a drive shaft hoop on a drag racer. But that is stop the shaft from piercing the floor boards when the universal joint fails. Same theory,

huh.gif
Grelber
That's Mike Floyd's car.
jt914-6
QUOTE(Grelber @ Nov 3 2010, 05:36 PM) *

That's Mike Floyd's car.

Got any idea why it's for sale???
mepstein
Quick six engine mount?
jt914-6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 3 2010, 06:03 PM) *

Quick six engine mount?

Looks custom....

[attachmentid=238802

Click to view attachment
brant
QUOTE(thelogo @ Nov 3 2010, 12:07 PM) *

sorry.. but absolutely beyond a doubt the 914 is not faster at the ring..
I love teeners, but they are not better designs than the modern cars in terms of all out suspension design. Vintage cars will always be my preference, but they don't hold up to modern technology as racers.

I this really mike floyd's car?
how cool... when did he build this
and what happened to his -4 vintage racer and -6conversion car.
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.