Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Those attending LPR AutoX this weekend AND WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
If you will be attending the LPR AutoX this weekend at Marina and will also be attending the AutoX at the WCC, read on....

This weekend's AutoX at Marina will be run using the same equipment as we will be using to put on the WCC autocross in June. There are a few specific jobs that require experience that we would like to have people volunteer to handle at the WCC - and so if you are going this weekend - this is the perfect time to get that experience.

Note: these jobs should be taken by people who will not be instructors at the WCC (we will need all qualified instructors to be instructing - not doing other jobs). These jobs should also be taken by people who have attended at least 1 autocross before (first timers need to focus their attention on themselves).

1. TIMER. We need 2 volunteers to work the timer for their work assignment this weekend. You will be expected to arrive early enough to help set up the timing lights and the timer, and for your work assignment you will run the timer. By the end of the weekend, you will be expected to be a timing expert capable of setting up and running the timer and solving timing problems all by yourself. We need 2 volunteers because we will need 1 for each run group at the WCC. So the two of you will need to be in separate run groups this weekend. This is not a hard job, but it is imperative that we have 2 people who have experience with this particular timing equipment at the WCC.

2. STARTER. We need 2 volunteers who will work the starting line at the WCC. This is an easy job, but it is important that this person has done this particular job before. So sign up, get some practice this weekend, and then this can be your job at the WCC autoX. Once again, we need 2 volunteers because we will have 2 run groups - so you need to sign up for separate run groups this weekend.

3. GRID. We need 2 volunteers who will work the grid at the WCC. Once again, an easy job, but important to have done it before to keep things moving smoothly at the WCC. Same deal: 2 voluneteers, 2 run groups at WCC, separate run groups this weekend.

All other jobs (that I can think of) can be done by first timers, so these are the only ones that I want to make sure we have experienced people doing. And really, the timers are my biggest concern.

Rob - can you think of any other jobs that fall in to this category?

Demick

Note: Signing up here does not officially sign up you for anything this weekend. But it does commit you to fufilling that job at the WCC AutoX in June. You are on your own to go to the Marina AutoX this weekend, signup for the corresponding worker position, and get some experience in that position.
Randal
I was planning to be there early anyway, to help with setup, but would be glad to do starter or grid.

Randal
peridotian
My son and I plan to be there and will probably caravan with the early arrivers (safety in numbers). We are certainly both first timers, but will volunteer for any tasks that you guys need done.
Thanks,
Big and Little Patrick
Mueller
If I can get there at a decent time, put me on the list.........
oh, so what is early??
richardL
I meet all your criteria - I intend to arrive early

Richard
EdwardBlume
I'll be there. <_<

The jobs include: timer, card sorters, cone counter, course workers, security, course set up, starter, grid, tech, time slip writer, instructor, and announcer. Demick, let me know if I've missed any. The critical assignments are the ones you mentioned, plus grid, and card sorting.

The track this Sun will be designed by either Doug Ambrisko or Henry Coles. Early is 6:45AM, with registration closing at 8:30 or so.

I'll be leaving Campbell with my trailer around 5-5:15am.

Is there anyone around who has been an instructor at the Z7 AX School. I'd like to duplicate the "short course" for the WCC and would like to see if someone has it mapped already.

THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
PatW
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ Apr 21 2004, 05:27 PM)

Is there anyone around who has been an instructor at the Z7 AX School. I'd like to duplicate the "short course" for the WCC and would like to see if someone has it mapped already.

Short Course! driving.gif wub.gif That was fun!.
Britain Smith
I will be at both...sign me up for something.

-Britain
SirAndy
so far, on my 2 auto-x-es, i have worked as cone-counter/screw-up radio-in'er and as start-flag'er ...

soooo, maybe something different this time?
Andy
Brad Roberts
I'm in. Tell me what to do and where to be.

B
Demick
OK. Looks like we've got our 6.

TIMING: MIKE and ANDY
They don't usually set up the timing system until the track is almost complete - so if you guys can make it there by 8am, you should be in good shape. In case you don't make it before they set up the timing system, just be sure and go around and check the connections and understand how the timer and timing lights are all set up and connected together.

STARTER: RANDAL and RICHARD

GRID: BRITAIN and BR@D

Be sure and sign up in opposite run groups, and when you sign up, sign up for the appropriate worker position. Let them know that it is your first time in that position (if it is), and that you may need some assistance on how to perform that function.

I won't be there this weekend, but Rob should be able to help you out with anything you need. Rob - also maybe you can help to make sure that they can all get signed up in the appropriate run groups and possibly pre-sign then up for those worker positions so that they don't get taken up by any other people.

Having you guys get experience with these positions will really help out to make the WCC AutoX run smoothly. Thanks!

Patrick and son: Thanks for volunteering, but just go and concentrate on having a great first AutoX and understanding how things are run. There will be jobs for everyone at the WCC autoX (EVERYONE who drives will also have a worker assignment) so don't think you'll be left out!

Thanks
Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.