Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver74insocal
so i got my new mc and pedals in and installed my fresh outta the bag accelerator pedal to find that the actuator arm that connects to it doesnt reach. i thought maybe its an adjustment but its way off. none of this was installed when i got the car so im going off what i have seen on here. i guess the questions are:

i beleive this is a 911 replacement pedal but i thought they were interchangable.
was there another peice i needed to make this one work?
does the little ball end just rest in the pedal? or does it "pop" in? i pushed pretty dang hard and it still just pops out.

its kinda late and i had a long bootyshake.gif day so that could be a factor.
well any input is much appreciated guys beerchug.gif cheers and TIA,
Dave
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
john rogers
When I had a new pedal years ago I had to pull the rod off the 1st time as the indentation was very tight. You can then pop the ball end on after the pedal board is put back in place and lock it down. The alternative is to grasp the rod near the pedal with vice grips and gain lots of leverage pulling the rod end into the pedal. I have also done that. I do not believe the 911 pedal will work as the hole in the backside is too far up towards the top. You'll need a 914 pedal probably? Also, once you get all the pieces, make sure to use the pedal board and the nylon adjustable pedal stop to limit travel so the throttle stops on the engine are not damaged when you floor it!
silver74insocal
a ha so it does pop in!! cool thanks and yes the pedal board goes in after i make sure everything actually works. i have to research clutch and acclerator pedal end play and make sure its on the up and up. beerchug.gif Dave
cooltimes

Sort of late with this info but then maybe not.
That part number in photo is the clutch pedal it self.
Eric Shea gave this link in another thread same page your is on.
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...914_KATALOG.pdf
Click it and wait about a minute as it downloads. See page 182 for the clutch pedal assembly parts or do the search in search space there on the screen that comes up after the download has completed for 914 423 227 00 That is the push rod.

In your photo, If it is the old push rod seen, it probably should not need any adjustment unless you have adjusted the length. If new push rod, just measure your old rod for the correct length.

MikeCool

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Nov 4 2010, 12:05 AM) *

a ha so it does pop in!! cool thanks and yes the pedal board goes in after i make sure everything actually works. i have to research clutch and acclerator pedal end play and make sure its on the up and up. beerchug.gif Dave

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.