Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 73 914 1.7L F.I.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
EdArango
I am selling my 1973 Porsche 914 / 1.7L F.I. VIN #4732926066.
I bought this car about a year ago from a young man in San Bernardino, CA who had it for about 3 years. According to him and according to the 6 digit blue California plates I have to believe this is a true California car. I do not have much additional information on the car except for what I’ve done or was told by the PO (previous owner). When I bought the car I wasn’t as knowledgeable about these cars as I am today (my fault) and wasn’t too sure as to what to look for. The PO told me that all the rust issues were fixed and would not be an issue. I have since found some rust related issues on the car that do need to be addressed. Prior to this knowledge my son and I had decided to sell the car and purchase 911 or a 916-6 conversion.

Click on this link: http://web.me.com/edwardarango/Site/FOR_SALE.html#39 and see the ad I was running when I was selling the car back a few months ago. As you can see the car is a real good looking 914 with a lot of potential.

Needless to say I wasn’t too sure that I wanted to sell the car and didn’t make the effort to do so. A few weeks went by and the car didn’t sell so we decided to re-do the car ourselves. We had high hopes for this car….steel flares, 5 lugs set up, nice beefy 6 cyl.
I knew that floorboards would have to be redone to make the car right but the more I dug, the more rust I found. Neither my son nor I are body shop guys or mechanic but we thought we would give it a try… Not going to happen….this has become overwhelming for us and now our lost will be someone else gain.

Keep in mind that this car was running fine before we began dissembling it.

Since we began to “work” on the car, we have removed the engine & trans, all lights front & rear, interior, fuel tank, front hood, weather stripping on trunks & doors, etc. in preparation for proper work and paint. Now the car is at a stand still and waiting for someone else to finish the process. I have the brand new floor pans from Restoration Design, almost new set of seats, new fiberglass door cards, new pedal cluster, newly painted hood, and many other things.

When the car was assembled I was asking $5500 and I was pretty firm…Now, with the car disassembled I will let it go for $3500 for everything. Truly my lost. This has been a learning experience for me.

Call me with any questions at 949-887-1274 or for more pictures of the car as it is now disassembled email me at edwardarango@mac.com.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Here is a pic of the car at the Dana Point Concours de Elegance 2010[/size]
ghuff
These look exactly like the problem areas of my california car. It just happens with age. I can see from afar even.

My advice, try to stick with it. I am becoming a body guy and getting good at welding thin sheetmetal for practice.

If not, good luck selling it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.