Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Annual SoCal BBQ - CANCELED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twise
I have been busy putting our new facility together, so I have been absent for awhile. This is a feeler to see if anyone is still alive out there. Who's down for a BBQ and a run up Palomar? Let me know before I get too far into planning this shindig...

West West Yall...
jim_hoyland
Good to hear. The other events were very cool. I'd be interested again. I assume you finally completed your 6 ????
Socalandy
Sounds good to me. Waiting for details!!
silver74insocal
piratenanner.gif im in!! i may or may not have a drivable car but im always up for a good shindig. please let me know if theres anything i can do to help...Dave
brer
I'm free and would be happy to help you dispose of whatever excess alcohol you are still harboring.
arvcube
when are you thinking? my car barely survived the last run up to palomar, remember? i was the only one smoking and the park ranger was afraid i was gonna start a fire up there.
too bad, not much has been done to the car since then =(
i'll drive my scirocco =)
Twise
Yea, umm, it's completed... The stereo is loud as hell. I am thinking we drive in the am and lunch, eat, drink after at the new shop. I will put my thinking cap on tomorrow. Glad to hear from all of you. Going to bed now, catch you later...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 5 2010, 02:14 AM) *

Yea, umm, it's completed... The stereo is loud as hell. I am thinking we drive in the am and lunch, eat, drink after at the new shop. I will put my thinking cap on tomorrow. Glad to hear from all of you. Going to bed now, catch you later...

An A.M. drive would be nice, some of us had to leave after lunch because the drive was kinda late....either way, it's always a fun event.
'73-914kid
I should be in. Just let me know the date.
Als914
I could be there depending on the Temecula dawn patrol run in Nov.
Twise
QUOTE(Als914 @ Nov 6 2010, 12:31 PM) *

I could be there depending on the Temecula dawn patrol run in Nov.

What's the Temecula dawn patrol run?
craig downs
I enjoyed last year and would like to come again.
siverson
Sure, I'd try to make it.

-Steve
Twise
As you can see from my header edit, a date has been chosen. November 20th is the day. Further details will follow. Stay tuned, and I look forward to an eventful day.
76-914
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 7 2010, 11:44 PM) *

As you can see from my header edit, a date has been chosen. November 20th is the day. Further details will follow. Stay tuned, and I look forward to an eventful day.

sad.gif Crud. That's the same day were doing our run up Upland way. (See events calendar; also post your event there.) Maybe next year.

EDIT: If you can't make this Palomar Run we ( the Dawn Patrol) are doing the same Palomar run in December. Check the events calendar soon!
Twise
Switched to the 4th of December, so we can enjoy both events. See you in Azusa.
Twise
Meet at the shop at 8:30 drive starts promptly at 9:14 am. Make our run through Ramona and Julian. Then back to the shop for catered BBQ and Jibber Jabber...

Shop Address:

European Auto Body
655 Venture Street
Escondido California 92029

See you there...
steveherman
i so wanna move to cali.
FOR THE 914 SOCIALIZING ONLY!!!
i for the life of me cant figure out why we cant do this here in florida.
guess we are not as sociable!
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif
Steve
I still need to get my inner fender well welded back up, so I will probably drive the 911 instead.
tango-52
Sounds great! I'll put it on my calendar.
MoveQik
This sounds cool and there is a good chance I will be there for it! driving.gif
jim_hoyland
I've been to the first two events; Trevor is a great host and their shop is very cool, plus it's a grat opportunity to meet up with 914r's on the board that are rarely seen... smile.gif
Twise
Getting pretty excited about this one, I have put my radical carb overhaul off until after the BBQ. Lets just hope shes in a good mood the morning of the drive. I may just throw the front bumper on for this special event. Our shop has moved, so I am gonna throw up a map. We are just down the road from our old location, so it shouldn't be hard to find for those of you who have been here before.

The new address is:

655 Venture Street
Escondido, Ca. 92029

You guys will dig the new shop - It is really nice.
Twise
IPB Image
siverson
Sorry, I'll have to miss this one. I'm away on business.

-Steve
Twise
QUOTE(siverson @ Nov 23 2010, 05:39 PM) *

Sorry, I'll have to miss this one. I'm away on business.

-Steve

Sorry to hear that Steve. Was looking forward to getting some shots of our cars together. Some other time bro...
Twise
SORRY GUYS - I HAVE SOME FAMILY STUFF TAKING ME OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEND - NOTHING SERIOUS. I WILL RESCHEDULE THIS NEXT WEEK FOR SOME TIME IN MID DECEMBER, OR MAYBE AFTER THE NEW YEAR. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SHORT NOTICE, BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES. TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Twise @ Dec 1 2010, 12:07 PM) *

SORRY GUYS - I HAVE SOME FAMILY STUFF TAKING ME OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEND - NOTHING SERIOUS. I WILL RESCHEDULE THIS NEXT WEEK FOR SOME TIME IN MID DECEMBER, OR MAYBE AFTER THE NEW YEAR. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SHORT NOTICE, BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES. TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER...

After the new Year would be easier as we will be getting close to X-Mas and all it brings on.
Drums66
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 1 2010, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Twise @ Dec 1 2010, 12:07 PM) *

After the new Year would be easier as we will be getting close to X-Mas and all it brings on.

Yo si poke.gif
'73-914kid
Ugh.. slightly disapointed.. I've been looking forward to this for a while.. Anyone up for a blast up Palomar anyways?
wertygrog
Hi guys, I just moved to Escondido, CA from Florida (drove my 914)...I'm up for any events in the area. beerchug.gif I'll be at this BBQ for sure, and I'd love to check out some of the more twisty roads in the area...I look forward to meeting y'all. driving.gif
Twise
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 1 2010, 03:20 PM) *

Yea - I think so too Jim. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd week?

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 1 2010, 04:17 PM) *

Ugh.. slightly disapointed.. I've been looking forward to this for a while.. Anyone up for a blast up Palomar anyways?

Sorry man, I too was looking forward to this. It is still on, just pushed out 3 weeks.

QUOTE(wertygrog @ Dec 1 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Hi guys, I just moved to Escondido, CA from Florida (drove my 914)...I'm up for any events in the area. beerchug.gif I'll be at this BBQ for sure, and I'd love to check out some of the more twisty roads in the area...I look forward to meeting y'all. driving.gif

Great, it will be nice to meet you. Welcome to Escondido...
'73-914kid
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=113462
Anyone still interested in going for a drive, we're looking at salvaging the Saturday date. If you'd like to join the drive, se the above link. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.