Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not even 1 week of ownership, and the 914 bites me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrHyde
Not even 1 week of ownership and the 914 bites me.. I was getting the 914 up on stands and ramps, crawling around under it and assessing the work that needs to be done and somewhere along that I've gone and tore out my shoulder... Off work for atleast a few days if not longer... SOB... Maybe I should have bought the car some flowers or something when I put er' into my garage... I guess I'll be paying a few bills with my savings now instead of buying a welder.. bugger..
914Sixer
The fun begins! But wait! There is more headbanging moments to come.
VaccaRabite
Old cars often demand blood sacrifice. The older and rustier, the more pain it demands from its owner.

Not too different then people, really.
Zach
carr914
No Blood, no Foul !
jt914-6
You're not really working on a 914 unless you bleed.....get used to it.... evilgrin.gif
and
welcome.png
blitZ
QUOTE(MrHyde @ Nov 5 2010, 06:56 AM) *

Maybe I should have bought the car some flowers or something when I put er' into my garage...

I find smacking her back bumper seems to help.

bozo914
The job's not done til you've bled on it (at least at my house)
Root_Werks
Stop you're complain'in and post some pictures of your 914. Apparently you have some time on your hands for light duty type work. biggrin.gif
MrHyde
I have a couple pics posted in my first thread when I picked it up last weekend... I was messing around figuring out what steel pieces I'm going to have to buy from Restoration Disgn and must have gotten too eager yanking on things...

light work.. ugh.. I dont like being out of commission like this...
markb
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Nov 5 2010, 04:28 AM) *

You're not really working on a 914 unless you bleed.....get used to it.... evilgrin.gif
and
welcome.png

agree.gif
Mine requires a little blood & some skin to be fixed correctly. dry.gif
1968Cayman
QUOTE(MrHyde)
. . . and must have gotten too eager yanking on things . . .

Careful! This is a public forum.

KELTY360
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 5 2010, 05:31 AM) *

QUOTE(MrHyde @ Nov 5 2010, 06:56 AM) *

Maybe I should have bought the car some flowers or something when I put er' into my garage...

I find smacking her back bumper seems to help.

av-943.gif

Would that be a love slap or a giddyup slap?
yeahmag
I can relate... I was laying on my back under the front of the car (on ramps). The ramps I have are the plastic kind and just tall enough that I can slide me and a creeper in there. I was reaching over my head to tighten a bolt (brake master cylinder if memory serves) and popped my shoulder out of socket. I couldn't move and no one inside my house could hear me.

I finally was able to wiggle off the creeper and "fall" to the ground. That put my shoulder back in. I was in so much pain and so pissed no one could hear me...

Cars are mean that way sometimes. Like women... ;-)
RFoulds
QUOTE(MrHyde @ Nov 5 2010, 04:56 AM) *

Not even 1 week of ownership and the 914 bites me.. I was getting the 914 up on stands and ramps, crawling around under it and assessing the work that needs to be done and somewhere along that I've gone and tore out my shoulder... Off work for atleast a few days if not longer... SOB... Maybe I should have bought the car some flowers or something when I put er' into my garage... I guess I'll be paying a few bills with my savings now instead of buying a welder.. bugger..

Last word of your post made me laugh. "must be Canadian," I thought, and then checked your Avatar. Yup. sho nuff, another Canadian,.

I haven't heard "bugger" since I finally convinced my mother that the word really means something different down here! flag.gif

PS. Born on Vancouver Island, long time US Resident.

jeffdon
My favorite was crawling under the car right after I first shaved my head. Lacking the "antenna" effect of having hair, i was craning my neck up to look at something, and i slightly hit something that was hanging down. Which caused me to jerk my head back. Which caused me to hit my head on the garage floor. Which caused me to jerk my head up, hitting whatever I hit the first time.....causing me....well, you get the point.
swl
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Nov 5 2010, 11:27 AM) *

QUOTE(MrHyde @ Nov 5 2010, 04:56 AM) *

Last word of your post made me laugh. "must be Canadian," I thought, and then checked your Avatar. Yup. sho nuff, another Canadian,.

I haven't heard "bugger" since I finally convinced my mother that the word really means something different down here! flag.gif

PS. Born on Vancouver Island, long time US Resident.

My bet is that mr Hyde is not too distant from a Brit background. Usage is not quite Canadian 'cept on Vancouver island of course where everyone is pseudo Brit. smile.gif
orange914
some of us have names for our temparmental little cars...

dr. jekyll may be a fitting match biggrin.gif

welcome to the madnessssss
MrHyde
Funny you should mention the Britt background.. I'm the first generation born this side of the pond.. wink.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Nov 5 2010, 03:56 PM) *

My favorite was crawling under the car right after I first shaved my head. Lacking the "antenna" effect of having hair, i was craning my neck up to look at something, and i slightly hit something that was hanging down. Which caused me to jerk my head back. Which caused me to hit my head on the garage floor. Which caused me to jerk my head up, hitting whatever I hit the first time.....causing me....well, you get the point.

av-943.gif

Been there

Edit: (not the shaved head part) the banging the head repeatdly part
Drums66
...Do a moon walk..if the car is alright biggrin.gif poke.gif (for now) stirthepot.gif
bye1.gif shades.gif

(shaved head means, no cushion for the blow's)
Cheapsnake
I used to know an old commercial fisherman who was missing a finger on one hand and 2 on another. He never trusted any fisherman with all his fingers...they weren't working hard enough. Same thing with these cars. Anyone without battle scars isn't really working hard enough. Either that, or they're smarter than the rest of us.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.