Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QRS Fiberglass, are there fenders any good?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ghuff
Does anyone have any experience with QRS fibgerglass stuff?

I am looking at ordering front and rear fenders since mine are destroyed, and to save weight.

I was also looking at their doors, and hood as well.

If They are any good, I am going to begin hacking my car apart now with the sawz all.

I searched and found some good reviews here. Would be curious to hear more experiences.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107976

raw1298
I have them for my car. Call before you order and they can make them heavier for everyday drivers. Great service and fit well for fiberglass.
ghuff
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Nov 6 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I have them for my car. Call before you order and they can make them heavier for everyday drivers. Great service and fit well for fiberglass.

I searched around and found your pictures. Was there any reason you cut them instead of using the entire fiberglass fender?

I plan on using the entire fender all the way back to the taillight. Since the sheetmetal on my car was utter garbage it has to be this way. I am going to look into hiding some dzus fasteners, or if I get desperate and can not hide them, I will just bond the fenders to the chassis and seal it well from corrosion.

I have been doing my homework on glass, letting the stuff outgas and set for a while, how to prep it and etc.

I really disliked the idea of the metal work on the exterior fenders. This will save weight and make things easier in ways.
raw1298
I am using the entire front fenders due to about 20lbs of bondo from a front collision. The rear fenders are in great shape so I opted to retain that metal. If all goes well I will be bonding this week. I will be using the 3M 8115 panel bond adhesive. I will be doing the rears first as I have some work to do to the cowel area.
Jerry
Remember to take many photos !!! Document everything so that we can learn what to do !!!
raw1298
I will be taking pictures as I go. Looks like it will be time to start a progress thread soon. It is raining today so maybe tomorrow I can get started. Something I noticed on the PP site is that it appears they are selling the QRS parts now. QRS is part of the part number. Much cheaper to go direct if it is the same product.
sww914
Better than the junk I got from GT Racing recently.
As good as Getty's, better than AIR.
ghuff
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 7 2010, 11:03 AM) *

Better than the junk I got from GT Racing recently.
As good as Getty's, better than AIR.

Well if they suck at fitting, then I guess I will have everything off to put a metal fender back on the car.

I will also have taken care of every bit of stuff required to put new metal fenders on..... the other ones on my car were so shot anyways, win win.
sean_v8_914
Jeff is a good dude that makes good product.
10jreen has his deck lids. I have used his qaurter panels on customer cars.
ghuff
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 8 2010, 09:40 AM) *

Jeff is a good dude that makes good product.
10jreen has his deck lids. I have used his qaurter panels on customer cars.

Thanks, that is good to hear. I know you are a good reference as well.

How did they line up around the taillight cut out? Did you install his quarter panels complete or mold them into the metal?

I am going to call them next pay check and order a set of rears.

I plan on probably going with the front and rear lids as well as door skins just because. I would like to shave as much weight as possible smile.gif

I always wanted to do something with fiberglass as well, never had a chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.