Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Set of 96mm Cylinders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tornik550
I am looking for a good set of 96mm jugs. I have 1.8l heads. Preferably no chinese jogs unless they are well made (I had a set of chinese jugs and they were quite bad). I do not need pistons. If you only have 3 jugs, I would be willing to consider.
ConeDodger
Are you looking for 2.0 liter cylinders? I have a set. $100 plus shipping. $150 plus shipping gets you the US spec pistons as well biggrin.gif
tornik550
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 6 2010, 10:22 AM) *

Are you looking for 2.0 liter cylinders? I have a set. $100 plus shipping. $150 plus shipping gets you the US spec pistons as well biggrin.gif

I was looking for 96mm jugs however I have also been considering boring out OEM cylinders. Can I use 2.0 cylinders with 1.8l heads? Have your 2.0 jugs been bored or are they stock?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Nov 6 2010, 06:33 AM) *

I was looking for 96mm jugs however I have also been considering boring out OEM cylinders. Can I use 2.0 cylinders with 1.8l heads? Have your 2.0 jugs been bored or are they stock?

The pistons and cylinders are from my original engine. My car is a 70K mile car that sat from 1980 until I bought it. The original owner bought it, drove it for 5 years then retired to Oregon and promptly had a stroke. He couldn't drive it but wouldn't let his family sell it. I bought it about 8 years ago from the estate sale.
I recently began taking the original engine apart as I put in a Raby Kit 2270.
So these are stock, not bored, and low mileage.
TargaToy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 6 2010, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(tornik550 @ Nov 6 2010, 06:33 AM) *

The pistons and cylinders are from my original engine. My car is a 70K mile car that sat from 1980 until I bought it. The original owner bought it, drove it for 5 years then retired to Oregon and promptly had a stroke. He couldn't drive it but wouldn't let his family sell it. I bought it about 8 years ago from the estate sale.
I recently began taking the original engine apart as I put in a Raby Kit 2270.
So these are stock, not bored, and low mileage.

What CR will the US spec pistons give you with 1.8 heads?
orange914
i have a set of unused bored 94mm to 96mm OEM mahles. i had bought these intending to use them on my 2056. 2 or 3 of them have very slight damage to one or two fins via a disgruntaled postal handler dry.gif, during the christmas mail rush (this is a bad time to mail). they've been stashed away but i'll dig them out for spacifics if your interested

mike
Al Meredith
I've got three P & C 96MM Chinise . One P/C was totally destroyed with very short running. Looks like the rings seiized up. Two are like new with all honeing marks . One has a scuff on one side. I've been saving them for just such a situation, when someone needed an incomplete set . Let me know what you think ? I can take pics. AL:
ConeDodger
Mine are now sold. Snooze and you lose... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.