Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: YIKES! My carb sync tool is busted.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
The little spring inside my carb sync tool seems to have busted. It doesn't hold the little flapper down.

Called the local VW shop. He said the prices went up and a new one is $70!!! WTF!!

Almost a 40% price increase?!?!

It's not the end of the world, but I am astounded.
bdstone914
I have a good german one NIB ill sell you for $40 shipped. Its a spare and im not using it.
biosurfer1
wow, that does seem a bit high, Bruce's is much more realistic. My buddy had a the same part break on his too, must be a weak point in those.
KaptKaos
Bruce - you da man. You have a PM.
itsaporsche914
my broke too. what a POS. i will bet they all broke or soon will brake. i took mine back to the vw shop that i bought it at , and the guy shrugged his shoulders. i hate that. any response of responsibility or awareness of the problem ,with any discount ,and i would of bought another from him. BUT NO. rant over . i will buy a better one when i source one. Any good brands out there. the ones ive seen all look the same, even with different brand names . i paid $40 2 years ago.
yeahmag
UniSyn's suck. You want something more like this:

http://www.dealparts.com/product/43-5712-0.html
jsaum
I was just on the Weber site $39.95
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.